Chapter 11- Burn Out

Start from the beginning

"Then where will we perform?

Nico wanted to comfort her.

"Let's just do it in the clubroom."

Honoka look at her.

"No way, there's not enough space. I think the hallway will be better."

"Dumbest idea I've ever heard."

Actually, both of them were pretty bad.

Honoka turned to everyone.

"Lets to it here! There's lots of room everywhere, and it'd be easy to set up a stage!"

Umi looked at her.

"It's not like people will randomly walk by the rooftop entrance, how will they know we're up here?"

In the end, Honoka came up with the amazing idea of singing loud enough for people to hear them. Great. I thought it would be a good idea to make posters for them, so I got started on it that afternoon.

I got a call from Jason.

"Hey Y/N, it's been a while."

"Yeah."

"Did you have fun on your trip?"

"Yeah."

"You know.. we haven't spent much time together lately. Wanna hang out later?"

"Sure."

"How have you been? You seem like you've gotten more comfortable around the Muse girls ever since your trip."

"Uh-Uhm yeah, that's what happened. I'm fine being around them."

"Mhm."

"Do you have a friend group?"

"No. I just go to school and leave. I don't have time for girls like you do."

This is ironic. He tried to hook up with everyone when we first came here.

"Haha. Anyways, I have to work on a poster, cya."

"Bye, Y/N."

I hung up.

I wonder why he wants to hang out?

We all sat at the table in the clubroom the next day. Honoka stood up.

"Let's sing all of our previous songs! I want to try my best and make sure that we do everything we can to get to Love Live..! Don't you?"

Everyone smiled. Eli started to speak.

"Any objections?"

Nobody did.

"You're the center. You're going to work twice as hard as everyone else."

"I know!"

I let the girls practice for a few days since the school festival would be soon. I met up with Jason at his house the day before. It was raining hard.

"Hey Y/N, how's it going?"

We sat down at a table.

"Everything is going good. I recently found another cat."

"That's nice..? Anyways, what are you going to do when we graduate?"

"Wha-What?"

"We're not going to be in school forever. You know that, right?"

"Y-Yeah.."

"Are you going to leave Nico?"

"Why would I?"

"She obviously has different dreams than you do. What are you gonna do once you have to split up?"

"Well, we'll decide when the Muse girls have to face us graduating. No point in worrying about that right now."

I don't want to tell him Nico and I like each other.

"Alright, you wanna play something? Just the two of us?"

"Sure."

We played videogames all night. I really should hang out with him more.

It was still raining when I woke up. I got out of bed and walked to school with Nico. We shared the same umbrella. She seemed a bit off.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, Y/N."

We separated. I wonder if she was only sad because it was raining. Even then, we can still have a lot of fun at the festival after their performance!

Nico went to go get changed while I started setting up the stage in the rain. When I was done, the Muse girls came, excited.

A crowd came to watch them perform. And they began.

The rain almost added to the performance. The lights and the rain made it stand out. Everyone was amazed by it. After their first song, something happened. Honoka passed out. I ran over to see what had happened.

Hanayo explained it to me.

"Sh-She came in sick."

Honoka was lying on the ground, obviously exhausted. I was worried. The crowd of people shrieked. What a disaster. The rain started to pour harder. She could barely speak.

"The-The next song.."

I was not going to have her do another in this condition. I looked over at Umi. She nodded. She started to help Honoka get in shelter.

Nico was mad.

"We're not done, right?"

Nozomi spoke up.

"I don't think Honoka is giving up. Plus.."

She looked over at the crowd. They began to walk away. Eli had a look of disappointment on her face.

I wonder if that was enough to get them to secure their position...