14. Danny

(Y/n) pov

Me, Elizabeth, and Diane wait tables, trying to gather information on where Escanor could be, in the town of yesterday. The first town I had been to after leaving home. The town where I met Yuno.

"thanks ban" I give him a smile, taking a few plates from him.

"(y/n)?" Ban stops me for the third time that day.

"Yeah?" I tilt my head.

Ban takes a deep breath like he's actually going to say more this time, only to let out a sigh.

"Never mind." his voice is almost a groan.

"How about we plan to talk after the Boar Hat closes so you can stop torturing yourself." I say, feeling anxious, but also a little hopeful.

"Ok,"

I leave to bring the plates of food to a table of four men who have already proved to have no impulse control.

"I can't believe your boss makes you wear such a short skirt!" One of the men brushes his hand against my thigh.

"Yeah?" I laugh uncomfortably as I place their food in front of them.

"I have a job that would pay more than this dump, and you wouldn't have to wear anything." he whispers in my ear, rubbing his knuckles up and down my waist.

"I'm satisfied with my current position." I push his hand away.

"We could put you in many positions to leave you more than satisfied." He licks his lips

"That's enough." A large man with dark medium long hair and a beard stands up.
"You need to stop harassing young women who are just trying to do their jobs. I'm done putting up with your bullshit! I can't believe the two of you have just let him go on like this! You're just laughing as if nothing is wrong!" His voice is

"Whatever man, it's not like he's actually hurting her. She's the one wearing such a skimpy uniform. I'm sure she knows what she signed up for." One of them rolls his eyes.

"I think it's time you all leave a nice tip and go!" He grits his teeth glaring.

"We haven't even eaten."

"Now!" He demands.

"Whatever." They pay for the uneaten food and leave.

"I'm sorry about that. Are you ok?" His voice is now gentle.

"Yeah... thank you." I fidget with my necklace, looking towards the floor.

"If any of them show up to give you anymore trouble find me, ok?"

"Ok," I nod,

"My name's Danny." He tells me, making my heart jump.

"Danny?" I start to actually look at his face. The beard is different, but his eyes, his gorgeous green eyes with the long lashes are exactly the same.

I bring my my hand to cover my mouth as I start to cry.

"Woah, woah, hey, it's ok now, they shouldn't come back." He tries to reassure me.

"Sorry, I just, it's not that. Danny... Danny was the name of my first love. I just haven't heard his name in a really long time. Sorry I'm being dramatic." I sniffle.

"Is ok, I'm here if you want to talk about it." He almost puts his hand on my shoulder to comfort me, but he stops himself from touching me.

"I don't want to keep you from anything." I tell him.

"My day was recently freed up. Trust me, I wouldn't mind spending it with you." He gives me a half smile.

"Could we go outside?" My voice is shaky.

"Yeah,"

(Still editing)