Chapter Seventeen

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆

"When a girl is in love, you can see it in her smile"

----Hans Christian Anderson, "The Little Mermaid"

♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆♥☆

Chapter 17ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

Chapter 17
ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

"I am going to go for one last walk on the beach Gram" I tell her before I head off to my flight.

"Alright Sugar. I will be waiting here for you" she tells me. I nod. I told her I was not sure if I was coming back yet.

That I might. I head out for my walk. I had the clip that Finn gave to me in my hair. My heart missed him so much. My only hope for him was that he was fine. And swimming in that ocean blue out there. I go and sit in the sand. It was getting chilly out. Fall was on its way.

Summer was flying by so fast here. I watch the waves. I think back about the first time I spotted Finn. How he rescued me. Taught me so many things about life.

One thing he taught me was how to love. Tears come. I brush them away. I sigh deeply as I fight the sadness. The confusion. Sometimes I nearly wished I was a merfolk. Then I could be with Finn. Silly huh?

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Sydney?" I hear someone say suddenly. I look up to see Crystal there. She was smiling at me. I stand up and walk over to see her.

"Hi there. How are you?" I ask smiling.

"Good, how are you? I hear you are heading back home? I thought you were happy here? Why are you leaving?" she asks me.

"I am needed back home is all" I say softly.

"I know you love Finn. I was jealous at first. I had loved him for so long. Thought I was. How can you blame me right? He is so handsome. Smart. He is a wonderful person. But Finn and I do not click like I do with his brother Duke. Duke is going to be running the Kingdome by the way. Finn will not as he said he did not want to. Duke and I plan on marrying soon here. We have the same views. Our kingdoms will join together it will be good for the sea" explains Crystal.

"I never knew your family was royal as well" I tell her.

"Yes things were always expected for Finn and myself. Back when we were born it was planned that I would marry Finn. It was never for love. I never expected love. I am glad you came along. I would have married the wrong brother for the wrong reasons" Crystal tells me with a smile.