the Baroness

The Captain's POV

Why do I feel soooo... lightheaded?

"Guardian, GUARDIAN! wake up, guardian." My eyes quickly fluttered open, all four of them, and I quickly looked around to see that I was hanging upside down in front of several fallen captains. "Eyes up guardian... or down in this case."

I heard Phox laugh softly from inside my head while I looked around the room. We were completely surrounded by fallen, of all sizes. What caught my eyes again were the three captains standing in front of a pair of banners. The banners showed what looked like the outline of a captain's head in gold, with a knife running through the head, also being drawn in gold. The background was the same dark jade green that the vandals, dregs, and captains were wearing on their cloaks.

"little Phox, now is not the time for laughter." I whispered to my ghost while looking around at what was probably about to be my tomb.

"Jaxxsis, get the Baroness." One of the captains growled to another, the one named Jaxxsis nodded before pushing aside the banners behind them, which I now realized were curtains.

Jaxxsis disappeared leaving behind the two other captains, one of which growled before pointing at me. "What is it Dreecon?" The unnamed captain looked to his comrade before looking back up to me. "Ah, the wolf is awake, good."

In response to the captain's happiness, I simply growled in his face. "Kill me or release me exile, but do not waste my ether with talk." I was quickly sucker-punched by the captain named Dreecon, to which the unnamed captain, and several dregs, laughed at me.

"The Baroness will have much to talk about, wolf. You will answer her questions, and you will answer truthfully or the dregs will feast on your flesh. Do you understand me?" The unnamed captain asked just before the curtains rolled aside revealing a very tall Barron, or in this case, a Baroness. Standing next to her was Jaxxsis.

Everything went dead silent as the Baroness took three steps forwards, and was already face to face with me. She roughly grabbed my head and looked me over before looking to the unnamed captain. "This is the one with the ghost? He doesn't look like much. Does he have anything useful?" The Baroness asked in a very intimidating voice.

Dreecon growled in annoyance and shook his head before staring into my eyes with an intense glare. "Like Dreecon said, no, he didn't have anything when we pulled him out of the yard. His short-range teleporter is broken and rotted. His shock blades were essentially dead, and as you can see, he looks like he crawled out of the ground."

I stared at the three captains and supposed Baroness before me. I could hear the excited growls, and murmurs of the dregs and vandals behind me. The baroness looked me over again, this time more gently than the last time. Despite her gentleness, she ended up pushing my head away roughly as she turned to the unnamed captain again. "If he is useless, why is he hanging in front of me, Rigon?"

Rigon turned to me and pulled out a shock dagger. "Because he can do this." In one swift swing, I was dead.

Hyx's POV

"How the hell did they land an entire goddamn ketch within a couple hundred miles of the wall? I thought we had anti-air cannons, and long-range sensors for a reason." I growled while crawling through an air duct on said ketch.

"Perhaps it was built under our noses? Or maybe it was already shot down during the six fronts offensive?" Fixer whispered back as he shined his light down the vent showing me where I was going.

"Yeah, well... that makes sense." Still on my hands and knees while in the vent, I planted my hand on a covering and immediately felt it start to buckle. "Ah shit." the vent gave way, and I immediately dived headfirst into the hallway below me.

When my head smashed into the solid steel below me, I heard Fixer laugh before I could push myself off the floor. "Maybe watch your footing next time, or in this case your handing?"

I didn't laugh at Fixer's joke, instead, I pulled my pistol, and made sure I wasn't being watched. "You know, you could have told me that was there." I growled as I hurried over to a nearby door, hoping that I could get some cover, or maybe a hiding place.

"Well, I definitely wouldn't go in there if I were you." It was too late though, I had already pushed the door controls by the time I realized what he'd said.

"Ah shit." Beyond the door, I had just caught the attention of at least forty dregs and vandals. Way in the back I could see three captains standing next to a very tall fallen, that looked like it might have been a Barron. Hanging from the roof, and upside down was the very captain I had come looking for.

The dregs, vandals, and three captains all unanimously shouted "GHOUL!" to which I kindly responded with a smile. With one hand I flipped everyone the bird, and with the other, I threw three flaming knives into the crowd. The growls and screeches of angry fallen filled my ears as I slammed the door controls to the "shut" position, and put three rounds into it.

"I doubt that will stop anything guardian. We might want to hurry, my motion trackers are picking up movement all around us." Fixer, who had originally been floating next to me, had now disappeared and was probably in my head.

"No shit sherlock, try to get into contact with the other two." I growled as I sprinted down the hallway. Knowing my luck they've forgotten about me by now, or they haven't even noticed I'm gone. You know, maybe when Fixer tells me to not runoff, he has a point. I thought to myself as I rounded a corner, popping two dregs in the head.

Wire's POV

"Why is it I'm always the one that has to pick up the campsite? How does Hyx always get away with running away?" My robotic voice growled out as I stomped out the still glowing charcoals from our fire.

"I have no idea guardian, bu-" Blue was quickly interrupted by annoyed yelling.

"WIRE, I SWEAR TO THE TRAVELER, I DIDNT MEAN FOR THIS TO HAPPEN!" Hyx's voice screamed over our comms, and before I could ask what she meant by that the ground started to shake.

"What in the goddamn is going on here." I whispered while looking around desperately before I noticed that several of the airplanes and aircraft in the middle of the massive scrapyard were being pushed out of the way, only then did I realize something was rising out of the ground. "Holy fuc-"

My cussing was cut short by the sounds of engines being turned on, a deep rumble that seemed to split the sky. From the scrapyard, a very shittily built ketch was rising out of the ground, and pushing everything in its path out of the way.

(let me know in the comments, do you guys like longer chapters or shorter chapters? other than that I hope you guys enjoyed this, and I'll see you next time.)