𝟰𝟬. the duel

Start from the beginning

        "Lucy?" Peter asked worried. "She got through...with a little help." Susan told him motioning towards Caspian. "Thanks." Peter told him. "Well, you were busy." Caspian responded. Anastasia had a small smile glad they were getting along for once.

        The girl turned towards Alastair who had his eyes closed and his head slightly tilted towards the telmarines. "What is it?" She asked. "Miraz is talking about not letting things get that close. Which I assume he means when Peter has the upper hand again to shoot him with that crossbow." Her brother responded. "Sad how he knows Peter can get the upper hand." Alastair shook his head with a small smile.

        "Ah!" Peters yell got their attention. They turned and noticed Edmund had gotten his shoulder back into place. "Save it for later." He told him. Anastasia walked over and handed Peter his helmet, which the boy denied. He then started walking out again with the Narnians cheering behind him.

        The two then advanced and started swinging their swords again. Miraz used his shield to push Peter back again. They kept fighting and Miraz was able to push Peter into a stone pillar. "Ouch." Anastasia mumbled.

        As Miraz ran towards Peter the boy was able to twist his legs around the mans and knock him over. Alastair took a quick glance at the general making sure the crossbow didn't go up.

        Peter swung at Miraz which the man blocked and rolled away. Getting back up, Peter was able to get Miraz's sword and swing two of them towards him. He then dropped his shield and the other sword and just kept swinging at the man. Miraz was able to catch Peters arm and hit him back. The man then elbowed Peter on the face and turned around again.

        Miraz grabbed Peter and threw him towards a stone pillar. "Come on." Anastasia mumbled starting to get nervous. Peter quickly moved out of the way and used the guards on his forearms to block Miraz's swings. The boy reached down and punched him where the cut had been. Miraz yelled and stumbled a bit. "Respite! Respite." He yelled.

        "Now's not the time for chivalry, Peter!" Edmund yelled at him. Anastasia had reached over and gripped his hand. Peter had started walking away from him when Miraz reached out and grabbed his sword going to swing at Peter.

        "Look out!" Edmund and Alastair yelled. Peter dogged the strike and grabbed Miraz's arm twisting the sword out of it and stabbed him.

        "Finally." Alastair mumbled. Miraz fell to the ground and Peter lifted his sword up. The two said something to each other before Peter turned and put the sword out for Caspian. The prince was hesitant until Alastair pushed him. "We're not getting any younger."

        Caspian walked over and took the sword from Peter. He lifted it up and Miraz said something to him which got him to freeze. They watched as Caspian stabbed the sword into the ground and told him something before saying, "But I am giving the Narnians back their Kingdom."

        Caspian walked back and the Narnians started cheering once Glenstorm and Alastair brought up their swords.

        As they started celebrating they heard one of the lords yelling. "Treachery! They shot him! They murdered our king!" Turning Anastasia saw Susan's arrow in Miraz's dead body. The Lord and General rode away on their horses and Peter turned to the archers. "Get ready!"

        Anastasia turned to Edmund and grabbed his face in her hands before kissing him as passionately as she could. "What was that for?" The boy asked in a daze. "Just because." "Peter!" Caspian yelled. They turned and saw a telmarine trying to make his was to them before the Phoenix shot him with an arrow.

        "Go!" Anastasia yelled at Caspian and Alastair. She, Peter, and Edmund turned and ran ahead. The telmarines started pelting huge boulders towards them, hitting some of the Narnians. Anastasia worked quickly and shot arrows in front of the Narnians creating a shield for at least a little while longer.

        Turning around she notched another arrow and shot at the boulders in the sky destroying them. Alastair turned towards the Narnians and made a shield with his powers, as he saw they were losing numbers from the boulders she couldn't hit.

        Once Anastasia heard the sound of the first wave of telmarines she nodded at Caspian and Alastair. Both of them along with Glenstorm quickly rode inside to the Narnians waiting underground.

        Outside the three heard the sound of a horn and started counting. "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, Get ready!" The second Peter said that the ground underneath the telmarines collapsed and the Narnians underground came out from behind them. Susan had led the archers to shoot down at the telmarines from the How.

        Edmund ran and jumped onto a horse that was running by grabbing a crossbow. "Charge!" Anastasia yelled and unsheathed her sword leading the Narnians into battle.