𝟭𝟰. great escape

ooo.┊ # GREAT ESCAPE ✧˖*°࿐
-ˋ 🗡 𝒐𝒓𝒑𝒉𝒊𝒄 — 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

        ONCE THE GROUP GOT TO A ledge above the melting river they stopped. "We need to cross, now!" Peter exclaimed once he saw the river melting at a fast rate. "Don't beavers make dams?" Lucy asked. "I'm not that fast, dear!" "Come on!" Alastair yelled.

        "Wait, will you just think about this for a minute?" Susan suddenly hesitated. "We don't have a minute!" Peter quickly responded. "Do you not realize it's either this or getting eaten to death!" Anastasia yelled at her.

        "Well I'm just trying to be realistic." Susan said back. "No. You're trying to be a know it all, like always. Now if you don't mind I'd rather not get ripped apart by wolves." The girl then turned and ran down the ledge.

        Once everyone got to the bottom they noticed Alastair attempting to walk on the river before the river cracked under Al's feet. "Maybe I should go first." Mr. Beaver said."Maybe you should." Peter replied.

        Mr. Beaver then went ahead leading them patting his tail on the now to find the soft spots, while Mrs. Beaver was softly going on about how he was having extra food.

        As they kept crossing the river kept cracking causing them to nearly fall but they kept their balance as Alastair kept his attention on Anastasia making sure she's okay and not overheating.

        "If our mum's knew what we were doing..." Susan started. "Our mum's not here!" Peter snapped before continuing walking. "Oh no!" Lucy suddenly yelled looking up as the wolves started flanking them.

        Anastasia's eyes widened and she took off running across the bridge. The rest followed before they were cornered in by the wolves. A wolf quickly jumped on Mr. Beaver and wrapped his jaw around his throat.

        "No!" "Peter!" Anastasia's body slowly heated up before she kept suppressing her emotions so the river would melt away under her. Alastair noticed and he awkwardly grabbed her hand in hopes of comfort. When she didn't pull away he sighed in relief.

        Peter unsheathed his sword pointing it at the wolf. "Put that down, boy. Someone could get hurt." Maugrim remarked. "Don't worry about me! Run him through!" Mr. Beaver yelled at Peter. "Leave now while you can, and your brother leaves with you" Maugrim tried to persuade.

        "Yeah right. I'm sure your word is trustworthy." Anastasia bit back.

        "Stop, Peter! Maybe we should listen to him!" Susan tried to get through to him. "Smart girl" Maugrim chuckled. "Susan, they're going to kill us either way!" Alastair yelled at her.

        "Don't listen to him! Kill him! Kill him now!" Mr. Beaver yelled. "Oh come on, this isn't your war." Maugrim started. "All my Queen wants is for you to take your family and go."

        "Look, just because some man in a red coat hands you a sword, doesn't make you a hero. Just drop it!" Alastair rolled his eyes before finally snapping a "Shut up for once!" "No Peter! Narnia needs you! Gut him while you still have a chance!" Mr. Beaver yelled.

        "What's it gonna be, Son of Adam? I won't wait forever." Maugrim told him. "And neither will the river." Making them all remember a secret weapon they had. Quickly, Alastair and Peter exchanged looks before Alastair turned and whispered the plan towards Anastasia who nodded slightly.

        "Hold on!" Alastair yelled before pushing all of them besides Anastasia to hold on to Peter. They all ducked just as Anastasia snapped open her arms as the figure of fire grew before attacking both sides of the river.

        Peter stabbed his sword onto the ice piece were on making them fall into the river.

        Once they got onto the other side of the river, they all immediately got up which was when Peter noticed he didn't have Lucy.

        "What have you done?" Susan exclaimed. "Lucy! Lucy!" She yelled."Has anyone seen my coat?" They heard before they turned and saw Alastair, Anastasia and Lucy all walking up behind them.

        Anastasia was about to leave Alastair and Lucy in the river but once she saw Lucy drowning and Alastair struggling against the current to hold her up she dove in after them.

        "Don't you worry, dear. Your brother's got you well looked after." Mr. Beaver stated. "And I don't think you'll be needed those coats anymore." Mrs. Beaver said as they all turned to look at the forest which was starting to unfreeze.

        As they kept walking the more and more the forest kept coming alive and melting snow off. Now they were a step closer to Aslan and getting Edmund back.