𝟮𝟵. finding caspian

ooo.┊ # FINDING CASPIAN ✧˖*°࿐
-ˋ 🤍 𝒐𝒓𝒑𝒉𝒊𝒄 — 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ONCE NIGHT CAME, they finally found a spot to camp out on and Anastasia lit the fire for them. Edmund had been hovering around her even more than usual after the stunt she and Alastair pulled earlier.

"Edmund! Stop it!" Anastasia had enough of him being 'overprotective' or whatever he called it. "It's just...nothing. Nevermind." He slumped away and laid down by the fire.

"Lay off a little on Edmund." Peter whispered to her. "He really is worried." "Well, yes I get that. But I'm fine! Nothing happened." "It doesn't matter if you're fine right now. Edmund's entire world probably started to fall apart when you guys weren't there. He needs reassurance. He needs you."

Leave it to Peter to be wise even when he's the dumbest person in the group at the moment.

"Alright." She got up and walked over to Edmund who was still facing away from the fire.

Getting there, she stood above him getting his attention. "Maybe we should talk about whatever it was you wanted to talk about earlier."

Once he nodded, she waited for him to move his body so she could lay by the fire, but he laid there staring at her. "Okay. Well I'm going to sit here, so move the leg." She mumbled nudging it. Once he moved she laid down on her side.

The two shifted and faced each other. "Hi." She stared at him with a small smile on her face. "Hi." He smiled back. "Well I really just wanted to make sure you're okay about everything. You just seem to be distant right now."

"I know. It's just overwhelming being here and knowing something horrible happened and I wasn't here to stop it like I should've been." "It's alright. You didn't know this would happen. None of us knew." "I get that. It just brings back bad memories."

Edmund never knew what these bad memories were about. Anastasia hated to speak about it and so did Alastair.

"It's okay. That was then and this is now. We have a chance to make things right again." Anastasia nodded, his words coming through to her. Yet she still couldn't help but feel guilty.

"Right. A chance." The boy softly nodded placing his hand on her face. "You know you really scared me earlier. I thought something happened to you or you left. That's why I'm so overprotective. You're the most important person in my life."

"I would never leave you behind." "Really?" "Of course not....Them I would leave." She nudged her head towards the rest of the group after thinking. "It's progress." Edmund sighed.

Anastasia nodded causing Edmund to smile back at her. She turned around so her back was towards him and let him bring her towards his chest. His arms were tightly wrapped around her waist and hers were tucked under her head.

"Goodnight, love." She quietly whispered to Edmund - his normal nicknames getting stuck on her too much. "Goodnight, sweets." Edmund mumbled into her hair before the two slowly fell asleep.