She began to call out names and pointing at people, until she got to her name.

"Fujiwara, Tsukamoto."

Just her luck.

He walked up to her awkwardly.

"Uh, hey, about what happened at the exam-"

"We don't need to talk about that, we're in a lesson."

He gulped. Nightmare began to talk again.

"Now that you're in your pairs, let me explain what's going to happen."

"You see that circle over there?" she said, pointing at a large black circle in the middle of the gym. "In your pairs, you'll be fighting each other in a one on one fight that will last ten minutes. Your goal is to either immobilize your opponent or push them out of the ring. If neither of you achieve this, it'll be a draw. You may also forfeit if you believe that you can't go on. The point of this fight is just to let me know how far along you are in training your quirk and other criteria to help me as your teacher get on the right path to becoming a hero. Is everything clear?"

The students nodded.

"Good, first pair then, Tajima and Nakazawa."

The girl and boy walked up to the circle, glaring at each other. They seemed to know each other and looked like they wanted to murder the other.

"Go."

"Well, this should be easy," the boy remarked.

Instantly, Nakazawa kneeled down to touch the floor and the class watched as ice moved quickly in the direction of Tajima, who was caught completely off guard as the ice engulfed around his legs, but then he placed his own hands on the ice and it melted away.

"Too easy."

"Hmph, so your reflexes have gotten better."

"Well, duh, they had to because I couldn't let a stupid girl beat me-"

He couldn't even finish his sentence before ice had covered his body entirely.

"Still not good enough for me," she said proudly.

Whilst she had distracted him by talking a bit, she had taken off one of her trainers with her other foot, stepped on the floor with her bare foot and caused ice to move quietly on the ground to him before rising up. She'd obviously practised this, though her technique was very reliant on the fact that she had distracted him. Had he been paying attention, the trick wouldn't have worked.

"Well done, Nakazawa. Now please, unfreeze Tajima before we have to send him to the nurse."

"Fine." She shrugged, and walked over to place her hand on the ice and it disappeared into a cloud of cold mist.

"Alright, up next, Miyagi and Miyoshi."

Umiko watched as two girls with similar names walked up to the circle, though one had light-brown hair and the other green. They got into their places and Nightmare signalled for them to go.