𝟬𝟭. all these years

BALANCE | CHAPTER ONE

     𝐎kay, first of all; Cloud very much liked her glider but she eventually got used to the new wingsuit that Asami invented for the airbenders, but she still wore a scarlet cape over it like Tenzin

     𝐎kay, first of all; Cloud very much liked her glider but she eventually got used to the new wingsuit that Asami invented for the airbenders, but she still wore a scarlet cape over it like Tenzin. It was nice. Not having to hold a stick all the time, but she still thought her staff could do more and better things like; poke an eye and hit someone in the face with it. Secretly, she kept two gliders around. (Besides, it wasn't like it was forbidden).

    Cloud stood behind her cousins. Beside her was Tenzin who had Rohan on top of his head and Pema on his other side. They stood outside Central City Station, a large crowd gathering around the entrance to watch President Raiko announce something.

    She still doesn't like the man, but she can tolerate him better now. At the moment. Besides she was only there for Asami Sato, and of course, a certain firebender whom she sees daily but not so much these days because of his newly appointed job.

    She wasn't really paying attention to his speech as she was too busy glancing and sending playful grins at the firebender on the other side. Unfortunately, he was assigned to be the temporary guard of the overly dramatic Prince (who was too busy striking a pose for a reporter about to take a photograph). She didn't know how Mako managed to keep a straight face around him. She would've died laughing already.

    The crowd applauded as Raiko and Asami cut the ribbon to ceremoniously open the new station. Cloud met up with the genius woman as soon as the people departed. She grinned in delight and tackled the girl into a surprise hug, which made Asami laugh before returning her hug tighter but not enough to hurt themselves.

     "Cloudy!" Asami beamed as they pulled apart. "I missed you."

     Cloud giggled at her. "You just saw me yesterday, dummy."

    "Well, you know how it is━"

     However, someone interrupted their reunion when a certain Earth Kingdom Prince came sliding towards them. The duo stared at him with a blank look on their faces.

    "Hey there! Asami, right? Great train house. Maybe you can give me a personal tour sometime, what do you say?" He tried to flirt, but the frown on Asami's face only grew deeper, and Cloud tried to keep her laughter inside as she watched them.

    Asami looked annoyed. "I do like the idea of putting you on a train and sending you far, far away."

     Wu chuckled, not realizing the woman was uninterested. "That's... that's funny. I like funny dames. Maybe I should introduce myself. I'm Prince Wu, future king."

    "Oh, boy." Cloud snickered under her breath, which made Asami send her a warning look, but she just smirked at her.

    "Yeah... I'm aware of who you are."