𝟭𝟳. tabula rasa

CHANGE | CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

    𝐊orra rode on her polar bear dog while the rest of Team Avatar cramped in the jeep as it followed behind her

    𝐊orra rode on her polar bear dog while the rest of Team Avatar cramped in the jeep as it followed behind her. Cloud sat in the backseat with Bolin, her glider clutched between her thighs. She felt the wind on her face as her brown hair kept being pushed away by the harsh wind. It almost felt like they weren't chasing after someone who abided by the group of criminals who tried to take Korra.

    Perhaps, Cloud was finally starting to become insane. Everything almost felt so normal.

   The jeep drove down a desert path, the sunlight beaming through between the clouds as it shone on them. A couple of spirits flew overhead, some even landed on her shoulders, making strange noises at her before disappearing from her line of sight. Cloud merely paid them no mind as if it were normal.

     They arrived in a local Earth Kingdom desert village and Naga stopped sniffing the ground. Asami pulled up the jeep from behind Korra, Cloud exiting the backseat as she jumped off the vehicle, her feet landing on the sand. She definitely did not like the dust flying everywhere. Cloud hated sand. It's coarse and rough and it gets everywhere.

    "Aiwei has definitely been through here," Korra said, then turned to her polar bear dog. "Nice tracking, girl."

    "Let's ask around," Mako said. "Maybe someone's seen him." 

    The five of them entered a tavern as Mako pushed the curtain aside at the entrance. Cloud shifted on her foot, peeking from behind the firebender as he was too tall and blocking her sight. Everyone inside the tavern glanced at them, causing a certain airbender to scrunch her face in disdain. She didn't like the unwanted attention.

     "Oh look, they have a mover poster of me," Bolin said, however, it wasn't what he thought it was. His older brother looked at the poster with mild surprise. "Must be big Nuktuk fans, yeah, I should go out and say hello..." He rubbed his hands together, and then started to walk forward, but Mako was quick to grab him by his sleeve.

     "No. Those are wanted posters, and there's one for each of us," Mako hissed just as Cloud walked towards the wall with their faces on papers plastered on it. 

     She snatched the one with her face on it and scowled at the false accusation underneath her photo. The firebender also decided to read out Korra's wanted poster. "Wanted by Her Majesty, the Earth Queen, for crimes against the Kingdom."

    Mako raised an eyebrow and Korra began fuming behind them while Cloud continued scowling at the posters. He glanced back at Korra, rolling his eyes. "I'm guessing this is because we took her airbenders."

    Korra scoffed. "They weren't hers to keep! I swear, if I see her pinchy little queen face again, I am going to..."

    "Count me in," Cloud quipped.