It almost felt as if I was on autopilot. I should have felt relieved that everything had turned out so well and yet, all I could think about was my last conversation with Alexander. We hadn't spoken since either. I wanted to tell him of my decision and a simple text wouldn't suffice. 

It was close to eleven when my gown arrived and so did the jewelry. I felt like a doll and completely out of place. But I had to get used to it.  This was probably going to be a daily occurrence. I smiled through it and eventually, it stopped feeling fake. It was quite enjoyable, to be honest, but, there was this heavy feeling in my chest. Would Alexander want me there at the ceremony?  Everyone was treating me like I had to go. I guess that was a good thing. 

The ceremony would start at one. It had been announced to the whole world and everyone was watching. My parents walked into the room as Ms. Sky and Diane were doing the finishing touches. 

They hardly recognized me. My gown was modest, simple, but elegant. Mom started to cry and everyone rushed to calm her down before she'd ruin their make-up. Dad stood awkwardly at her side. They both looked amazing. If anything, at least we all cleaned up nicely.

A chauffeur took us to the palace. It took less than half an hour. There was a secret route between the palace and the house. No one outside the royal family used it. I held on to my parents' hands on the way.

Trees lined the road. As the top of the palace came into view, my mouth went dry.

"It's so nice how we were invited," Mom said. "The royal family sure knows how to great their guests right."

"Feels like bribery to me," Dad said.

"They just feel responsible for everything," I muttered. "This is their way of making up for that."

"Still don't like it."

I gave Dad the best smile I could conjure. "I know. I think it's too much too, but it doesn't hurt to accept it."

"So the Prince," he began.

My smile stiffened. Had Mom told him?

"I need to talk with him," Dad continued.

"I'll let him know," I said.

We were dropped off at the back of the palace and it was just as fancy. A guide introduced himself as Henry. He welcomed us with a smile and lead us up the steps.

"You'll be in a VIP room with a view of the stage," Henry explained. "Much like a theater. Reporters and other attendees will be in the audience. There are other VIP members with their private rooms too."

"That's convenient," Mom said.

Henry led us through the palace. I expected to see the foyer or even other rooms but all I saw were largely closed-off corridors with portraits, royal blue carpet, and floral decorations.

"All our VIPs take this path," Henry explained seeing my expression. "While it doesn't provide a view, it makes up for it with security and less traffic."

A few minutes later, we walked down a curving corridor with multiple rooms with double doors on one side. At the end of the corridor, Henry stopped.

"Here we are. The event is to start in an hour. Refreshments are available inside. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call."

As we entered, I couldn't help but gasp. There were sofas, a bar, and even a small buffet station inside. Most notably was the massive balcony overlooking a large theater. Walking closer to the balcony, I saw the massive stage.

Below, the reporters were taking their seats. Everyone was dressed to impressed. People in black moved around the stage checking equipment. I even spotted some security guys around.

The Vampire Prince returns to High School (Book 2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें