Griffin x The Boys💧

Start from the beginning

He probably could just tell Kio what was happening and he'd understand but he felt so alone and isolated. He couldn't tell Bryce, Josh or Jaden, Bryce and Josh both joked about how 'everyone was depressed or all tiktokers faked being depressed', Jaden had made money off songs talking about depression and suicidal thoughts that he had made clear he didn't have.

Oh yeah, and Bryce and Josh were homophobic. Griffin was bi-sexual, and hiding in the closet from them. He had a crush on a boy at the Hype House, even worse for him. None of the others would ever even go for that, if anything they'd just hate him. It didn't matter, it already felt like they hated him anyway.

Or is it hopeless just to try? It's hopeless just to die and go away       From everything you made and amplified just to get thrown away

He was sacrificing everything he had worked so hard for. All his work, and the money he'd put in to go to college down the drain. But it was pointless for him to try, he'd never impress his parents, they'd never be proud of him, they'd never say he'd done a great job and they were impressed. No matter what he did he wasn't good enough, but now he was giving up everything...which wasn't much.

You wash away, your colors drain                                                                        And now your reality is grey

Griffin cocked the gun back. Nothing would change his mind at this point. Tears were running down his face and his hand was shaking. He grabbed his phone and started filming a video.

"One of you will find me here, dead. I'm sure their will be a mess everywhere. I'm sorry that I can't be there for you guys anymore but I couldn't stick around any longer. While you guys were the best friends I could have, I felt alone, like I had no one to turn to. I really hate that you had to learn about my depression this way. I felt isolated and like my life didn't matter even though I know it did to so many people. Please don't think this is your fault, it's not. I don't mean to cause you any trouble by doing this. To my family, I'm sorry I never met your expectations while I was alive, I'm sorry that I wasted your money on a college that I couldn't even finish. And to all of you, I'm sorry that I took the easy way out"

He ended the video and sent it to his mother, also putting it in the Sway group chat. His hands were shaking the entire time. He grabbed the gun and pressed it to his temple, muttering a quick prayer before pulling the trigger.

The loud shot rang throughout the house just as the boys phones all buzzed with the video. Kio immediately sprinted out his room and flung open Griffin's door, letting out a blood-curdling scream at the sight in front of him. There was a blood pouring out onto the floor from Griffin's gunshot room and blood splatters on the walls. He grabbed Griffin's phone dialing the police as the other boys made their ways to his room. His voice was shaky and cracking as he told the police what happened and stared at the lifeless body of his best friend in front of him. There was a note left beside the bed too, reading 'Tell Tayler I Love Him' in Griffin's scrawly handwriting. 

"The police were sent to an L.A mansion filled with influencers after a call was made to 9-1-1 reporting the death of one of it's owners. Tiktok star, studying nurse  and 'Sway LA' collective member Griffin Johnson is reported dead after being found in his room by best friend Kio Cyr. The death was ruled a suicide, caused by a single gunshot wound to the head. The members of the house have not yet commented on the death of their friend"

1 month later

Every member was spiraling downward. Jaden had become addicted to drugs, trying to numb the pain. Kio never left his room, only to walk to the kitchen for food. Anthony was taking it poorly too, he just knew how to mask the pain well enough. Quinton had moved back home, at the request of his parents, they didn't want him living in LA anymore by himself. 

Josh and Bryce had taken it the hardest though, the boyfriends knew that to some degree, it was their fault. They were taking anti-depressants and xanax, prescribed to them for the deep depression they'd both fallen into. They had therapy sessions every week that weren't really helping and they depended on each other to stay stable. They were no longer posting, the fans were lucky if they got two videos a month, it felt wrong to do so knowing if they weren't so dumb and un-caring their friend might still be there with them. Their stupid jokes and ' false homophobia' had caused Griffin to feel like he couldn't talk to them. The thing that rubbed salt in their wounds was that they were seeing each other, and pretended to be homophobic so no one would question them, they thought that it might have ruined their careers. And doing so they'd ruined both theirs and their friends. They'd made him worse, and they hated themselves for it.

Josh couldn't handle the pain anymore, he felt solely like he was the cause for all of Griffin's pain. Deep down he knew he wasn't but it hurt him so bad. He grabbed a pen and scribbled down, "Sorry to my family, friends and fans. But it was all my fault" before tying a noose and hanging himself from his ceiling fan, the day before his next therapy session.

Bryce had come into his room to talk to Josh and seen the sight. Immediately running out the room tears pouring down his face, walking up onto the roof of the mansion and jumping off of their house, no final words, no goodbyes to anyone. He hit the ground head first, killed on impact.

1 month later.

The Sway house was now empty. Only two of the original members remained, Quinton was still there too. Anthony had moved out, giving up on pretending to be happy. He moved into a small apartment and stopped posting as well, he was placed on suicide watch for his own safety. 

Jaden had been admitted into rehab, at the request of his family. They wanted to see him get better after everything that had happened to him. He'd snuck in vapes and weed, he was still smoking every night, he wasn't getting better at all.

Kio had moved back to his hometown, he felt like he didn't belong in LA anymore. His family had also placed him on suicide watch. Even though he was heartbroken and depressed he couldn't die. He knew he had to keep the Sway legacy alive.

They couldn't even sell the house, no one wanted to live where 3 suicides had taken place. Not even the crazy stalker fans had found it appropriate to buy it. 

Almost half of the Sway collective was dead, and the others were depressed and failing.

Griffin looked down at the sight and was dissapointed, if he'd known all of this would happen he would've never done it. He would've finished his degree and kept pleasing everyone and made them happy, because he'd ruined all his friends lives by being selfish. He wished he'd gone to hell, he deserved eternal damnation for the pain he'd put the people in his life through. Griffin Johnson had not relieved the pain, only moving into the after-life and carrying a heavier burden of his friends lives on his back. He hadn't seen Josh and Bryce in the after-life, he hoped it was just because he hadn't found them yet, but part of him wondered if they never made it to heaven where he was.

And that made him feel worse.

1930 words. VERY SAD! Tell me if you cried during this. I have aphantasia so I can't imagine this happening, which might be why I didn't cry while writing it or reading it. Which is why I ask all you puffins!❤❤