Five More Minutes

The alarm clock rang on the bedside table, waking Bucky from his deep sleep

The alarm clock rang on the bedside table, waking Bucky from his deep sleep. He groaned, turning it off almost sending it flying across the room when it didn't turn off the first time.

It was early morning. The bedroom was almost dark, barely any light came into the room through the closed blinds. It's one of those days when you don't want to leave the bed. The bed never felt more inviting and more comfortable than now.

No, that's a lie.

Bucky always stayed in bed just a little bit longer whenever you were next to him. Even if only for a second longer. Especially in the colder months of the year when the nights turned colder, making you search for warmth, pressing closer to him. There were times he woke up in the morning almost smothered by you. Your legs and arms wrapped around him, clinging to him like a koala. He loved that.

He silently cursed the one who thought it would be a great idea to start work this early. Rolling closer to you he rubbed the sleep away from his eyes. You were still asleep, looking peaceful. The only thing he wanted to do right now was to cuddle with you, let his heavy eyelids close, and sleep further. He didn't want to disturb your sleep, but he had no choice. He had to wake you up, and that wasn't an easy task.

Gently his hand moved up and down your arm, waking you from your sleep. "Y/n, we need to get up." He whispered with a sleep-filled voice. His hand slowly slid down the curve of your waist, wrapping around your middle.

You sleepily pushed your back against him, cradling his arm. "Darling, wake up." He repeated, nibbling your earlobe. Peppering small kisses along your jawline, he made his way down to your neck, nuzzling his nose in the crook of your neck, his stubble tickling your skin.

Groaning in protest you turned around, facing him. You snuggled closer to him searching for warmth, pressing yourself against his body.

"We are going to be late." He wrapped both his arms around you, bringing your upper half of the body on top of him, legs tangling together. A shiver runs down your spine in contact with his cold metal hand. He kept in on the small of your back. It quickly warmed up and you didn't feel the cold anymore. Being late didn't concern him much, not when you were sleeping like this on top of him. When he can hold you in his arms so close.

"I don't care." You nuzzled your face deeper in his chest. "Five more minutes." You sighed, feeling yourself dozing off again. Light raindrops pitter-pattered against the window sill lulling you slowly back to sleep.

"Only five, or I'll have to throw you out of bed." There was a teasing tone in his voice.

"Are you threatening me?" Your voice sounded muffled against his chest.

"I'm warning you." He chuckled.

"You're not going to do that." You briefly lifted your head, smiling, your eyes closed and hair falling in your face, before returning to your previous position.

"No?" Bucky acted surprised by your statement, brushing the hair away from your face.

"No. You like to cuddle with me, and you love me too much to do something like that."

"You think I couldn't get you out of bed?" He challenged.

"I know you could, but you won't. There's a big difference." You lightly pinched his side.

"We'll see about that in five minutes." He chuckled, tightening his hug on you.

Feeling comfy and warm, hearing Bucky's steady heartbeat under your ear, you fell asleep in a matter of seconds.

You didn't know for how long you slept when you felt Bucky's fingertips dance over your back, raising goosebumps on their way, pulling you out of your slumber.

"It's time to wake up." His voice sounded deliciously rough with sleep. He wouldn't tell you, but for a few minutes, he dozed off himself.

"Mmm, no Buck." You whined, hiding deeper under the blanket. "Five more." You pleaded.

"Sugar, you said that fifteen minutes ago." He chuckled, lifting the blanket so he could see you better. "Tony will kill us if we're gonna be late again."

"Good, at least we'll get some sleep then."

"You leave me no choice." He sighed. "I'm sorry in advance for what I'm about to do." He said, pressing a kiss to the top of your head. It took everything in him to do what he intended to do.

"What?" You asked confused, forcing yourself to look up at him, yawning and rubbing your eyes.

He reluctantly got out of your embrace and stood up from the bed, pulling the blanket completely off your body, exposing you to the chilly air of the room.

"What the hell, Barnes?" You yelped, trying to catch the blanket, but he moved it out of your reach. "Bucky!"

"I warned you." He smiled innocently. "You have to get up."

"No." You turned away from him, clutching the pillow in your arms, trying to get back to sleep out of spite. "You're such a jerk sometimes." You angrily murmured, curling up in a ball.

"Yeah, but I'm your jerk." He lifted you, bridal style carrying you to the bathroom.

"Put me down!" You demanded.

"Nope. We have only half an hour before we have to be at the meeting and we need a shower. Especially you so you could wake up. It's your choice if you'll get in there with or without your clothes."

You had to admit he was right. You needed to wake up, and a shower was the perfect way how to do that. Turned out it wasn't easy to get you out of the shower either, making you both almost late.

After a hot shower, you felt more awake, but sleepiness was still present. You somehow got dressed and were almost ready to start the day. In your mind, you tried to find an excuse to go back to bed.

Bucky finished dressing pulling on his hoodie the one you occasionally borrowed from him. The one that's too big for you, but super comfy. You wondered if you could take a small nap on his shoulder while sitting in the meeting. Probably no, but you could try anyway.

"How mad are you at me right now?" He asked, cautiously walking closer to you.

"A little." You wrapped your hands around his waist, pressing your cheek in the soft material of the hoodie. He immediately hugged you back, knowing very well that you weren't mad at all.

You raised your head, pressing a kiss to his lips. "Get me a cup of coffee, and you'll be forgiven." You smiled, not being able to be mad at him for a long time.

He gave you another sweet kiss. "I'll better get you something to eat too." He said, smiling, steering you out of the room to face a new day.