"It was just a quick kiss!" Taemin claimed innocently, raising his arms in defense, "That's nothing compared what we had last-"

"Stop!" she raised a hand at him, "Let's just forget about this and go back to the others."

Taemin scoffed, "It's not like we did anything yesterday," and an evil smirk curved its way up to his face.

I swear to God, he's going to be the death of me!

She smacked him once more before walking away.

Taemin grabbed her by the arm and pulled her in for a hug.

"O-Oppa," she tried pulling herself away, but that only made his hold stronger.

"You'll do fine," he said sternly. Naeun felt herself relaxing into his embrace as her arms wrapped around his waist.

"After today, everything will finally be over."

Naeun nodded in reply.

An announcement was suddenly made that the trial of Kim Myungsoo would commence in two minutes.

Time to enter the belly of the beast.

~~~

The side door opened and through it came two policemen holding L by his arms. A sob could be heard from his mother. She had not stopped crying since she stepped foot into the courtroom. L's father was trying to put up a brave face but even Naeun could see his mask was at a point of breaking as well. He did his best for his wife.

And his son.

A flashback of her past reminded Naeun of the time L mentioned his relationship with his father. Despite the love he tried to give L, L never saw him as a father; just a man who gave him whatever he wanted but not what he needed. And like every other CEO, his father barely spent time with L. He had a closer relationship with his mother, but he could never see her past the "woman who gave him another chance in life that my mother gave up on." Naeun had tried to persuade L to talk things out with his parents before it was too late but he ignored her and now, it was too late.

L avoided her gaze. It upset and annoyed Naeun.

After everything you've done, the least you can do is look straight at me while I claim your guilt.

The unknown rage surprised Naeun a little but quickly disappeared as a policeman in front of her held a bible in one hand and spoke, "Ms. Son, do you promise to tell the truth and only the truth?"

She laid one hand on the bible and raised her other arm, "I do."

It was the judge's turn to speak, "Ms. Son, you may proceed with your testimony."

Naeun thanked the judge before looking at the audience. Butterflies in her stomach spiraled like crazy. She closed her eyes, breathed in and out, and opened her mouth.

"On the day my school was to return to Seoul from our winter trip, Myungsoo had tricked me into meeting him alone. He confronted me about my lost memories, claiming that I still remembered them then. When I didn't comply, he assaulted me."

Naeun caught him flinching a little.

"He shook me like a rag doll before throwing me to the side of the ballroom. He threatened to hit me in the head if it meant regaining my memories. I begged him to stop, told him that I had no clue what he was talking about, but he refused."