ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵒⁿᵉ

nana's pov

"haha! i win." 

"you just won because you cheated." gord sneered.

"what the heck? i didn't cheat." the setinel smacked his hand on the table.

"shut up you two." selena glared.

sigh. its soo boring. gatotkaca and gord playing chess, irithel and karrie betting on something, and selena working something important on her tablet. 

while i just sit here doing nothing. oh goshh, what should i do? there's nothing fun here.

after a while i heard a ringing sound coming from a stateroom. no one seemed to notice it, so i went to check it out.

i went inside the room and went towards the area in which i can hear the ringing. i reached out my hand and held a mysterious rectangular object. unknown is calling... is what it said. 

i immediately went to call selena and ask what it was. 

"this is a cellphone, i made it a few weeks ago. when it rings that means someone is calling you." 

"gasp so this is like a mini satellite?" i grinned.

"nope. it's better." selena smirked.

"can i use it please?" 

i tried my best to show the cutest puppy dog eyes she ever saw so that i can convince her to let me borrow the so-called cellphone.

"of course little one, here you go." she smiled.

as soon as she lent the phone over i gave her non-stop "thank you"'s. finally! something to ease the boredom. tee-hee~

after a while, i still can't seem to open this darn thing. how does this even work?

and somehow, irithel seemed to notice my groaning. she went in my room and ask what was bothering me.

"it's because i don't know how to make this thing work." i frowned.

"let me try."

as soon as she pressed a button in the left corner of the phone, it turned on. what the frickity frick. how the heck did she know?

"thanks." 

"anytime." she grinned.

she shuffled my hair and went out. just why do people treat me like a baby? im not a kid! o(≧口≦)o 

then, the phone rang again. i hesitated at first, but after a while i picked it up.

"uhhm.. h-hello? w-who is this?" i nervously asked.

"hello. is this selena?" 

"huh? no i'm not. just wait a moment, i'll call her."

"selena?" when i looked around she wasn't there. "um have you seen selena?"

"she went out to get more supplies." gatotkaca replied.

"oh, i see."

i went back to my room and grabbed the phone wondering if the guy who called was still there.

"um she isn't here at the moment.. sorry" i apologized.

"no worries. oh and, are you perhaps her niece?" 

"no, we're just crewmates." i answered.

"moreover, why did you call for her?" i questioned.

"she said she needed a designer for her projects, which is why i wanted her to know that i'll be coming there soon." 

"ah i see." 

he seems to be a nice guy somehow, and probably about the same age as me. i guess i should ask his name at least.

"um, mr-"

"harith. call me harith." he added.

"i'm.." 

should i really tell him my name? i mean he's a stranger...

well, he did trust me with telling his name, and he's an acquaintance with selena. so it would be kinda rude to stay silent.

"i'm nana."

harith's pov

looks like she's nervous chuckle. i should probably end this call now, i still have work to do.

"well, looks like i have to go now. nice talking with you." 

"okay bye." she answered.

i should prepare my thing now. because tomorrow...

im going to space.

this is my first story on wattpad. thank you so much for reading till the end of the chapter! sorry if i keep using small caps, it just feels more comfortable that way. again, thank you for reading hopefully you'll vote for my story if you enjoyed it! stay tuned for the next chapter!

680 words in total

date made: 30.08.20

time finished: 7:20 pm

date finished: 30.08.20

©aiyuu 2020