Chapter Fifty Eight

Going to the ice cream shop was the best part of the day. All seven children sat around the largest table, the three adults sitting on one slightly to the left. Percy had vanilla, the twins shared a large bowl of cookies and cream, Harry had chocolate mint, Draco with salted caramel. Karkoden had butterscotch, Ginny simply having banana. All in all, a good meal.

"Children," Narcissa spoke, "I'm going to pick some shopping up, I'll be no more than thirty minutes. Please dont make too large of a mess while I'm gone."

Lucius scoffed, "Honestly dear, I do know how to look after children." She gave him a side eye, before leaving. Harry burst out laughing, clutching his stomach. Severus also smiled. He had turned down the offer of ice cream, but now he was almost regretting it.

True to her word, Narcissa was back half an hour later, purse full of sweets to snack on once they were back at Hogwarts.

She made quick work of flooing everyone back, sending them in pairs. No need for any accidents.

Tom hugged Harry, and Severus, then the adults and Harry had a conversation regarding the trial. Tom had seen parts, but not all of it. Before they knew it, the children were all passed out on random parts of the floor, sweets and chocolate around their mouthes.

-----

Hey guys. I'm sorry this is really wack, but I've decided I'm going on an official hiatus. I'm just struggling to really get into Harry Potter, at all, and forcing myself to write just builds resentment. Every time I try and write, it makes me dislike this story more and more.

I hope to be back eventually, I have promised to never give up. Until then, I'll be posting one shots for other fandoms, namely Supernatural, but you can expect shows like Sherlock or Good Omens to pop up eventually.

Thank you all for being patient, I really appreciate you all. I just felt I had to say something as the story has started gaining traction again.

Much love, Bas.