𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

"Who said we were friends?" He responds cooly, also folding his arms. Kenna frowns and looks away from his intense glare.

"You're right, no one said we were friends," She looks at her feet and shifts uncomfortably. "I...I just thought after what we've been through we would...but it doesn't matter...looks like Mandalorians never change,"

"What is that supposed to mean?" He hisses and this time she looks directly into his visor, hoping she's glaring into his eyes.

"You only care for yourselves and you precious bounties and the money you get out of it. And for a moment, for one moment, I actually thought you cared for me. I can't believe I was so stupid to believe that," She walks away from him, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. The child coos and tilts his head at Din.

"What you looking at?" He snaps the cot shut and walks into the bazaar, frustrated.

~~~

"Two rooms, no, two," Kenna says to the droid that doesn't understand. "Two rooms,"

"Four rooms,"

"Oh my, no, two. One two, two," She tries.

"Three rooms will cost you--" She slams her hands into the counter and the droid quietens.

"TWO! TWO!"

"One room will--"

"I give up, get me a human," The droid nods and wheels away. Din comes in behind her and waits by the door, dropping his bag at his feet. She glances back at him before concentrating on the malfunctioning droid in front of her.

"I'm sorry," Din says behind her.

"What?" She turns and leans against the counter.

"I'm sorry," She bites her lip and nods.

"Thanks for apologizing, I suppose,"

"I do care about you," She scoffs and turns back around. "We aren't like that,"

"We?"

"The Mandalorians, we have feelings...human feelings,"

"Doesn't seem like it," She says as she traces her finger through the dust that has gathered upon the marble counter.

"I know what I'm doing to you is unfair, I shouldn't be so shut off from you when...when you are attracted to someone else,"

"Din, I'm--"

"I'm not finished," She turns to him. "I don't know what happened to your mother and I don't know what came over me earlier, perhaps protectiveness--"

"Possessiveness?" He smiles beneath his helmet but shakes his head.

"No, but I'm not used to these types of feelings and maybe you're right, maybe I feel like Bennic is going to take you away from me, from him," He motions to the cot beside him. "And yes, I don't want to lose you...but if you are happier here than running away with me, then, by all means, stay here," A smile breaks across her face and she walks over to Din who stands tall and still.

"I'm not happy running away," She stops in front of him and places her hand on the side of his beskar helmet. "But I'm happy running away, with you," He leans into her hand and places his gloved hand over hers.

"Kenna, I...I don't know what to say,"

"Then don't say anything," She smiles warmly before a woman behind them coughs. She quickly pulls away and turns around.

"I've heard you guys are looking for some rooms?"

"Yes, we'll take one, please," She smirks and scribbles on some paper.