Nervous

Fire nation.

Zuko.

If he knew it wouldn't bring about another war, Zuko was tempted to choke the life out the meat headed water tribe warrior.
Two weeks after the invitations had been sent, Sokka went into panic mode.
Nothing was the right color, none of the wedding dishes were made to his liking, the seating arrangements were all were wrong and if he never saw cake again in his life, it'd be too soon.

He'd always thought it was the bride's that were hard to please.
Nope.
Whoever said that, never met Sokka.

The wedding was still a month away even.

Suki and Ty-lee, along with a few other Kyoshi warriors, arrived a few days after Sokka.
Suki actually surprised him with how calm and laid back she was when it came to the planning.

She'd even come behind Sokka to smooth things over with the servants.

The rest of the Gang would be arriving any day now.

And Zuko was a nervous wreck.
Everyday that passed brought him one day closer to seeing her.
Hearing her voice.
Watching her smile and laugh at something her friends said.

He was pretty sure her brother had an idea as to how he felt, which is why he used Katara to get him to agree to letting him have his wedding here.

Zuko had never told the others about his feeling's for the waterbender. Knowing she was with Aang, one of his best friends, was a big reason...

Hearing Sokka yelling about the flower arrangements, Zuko rubbed his temples, feeling a headache coming on.

How in the world, am I going to deal with this a whole other month?,he thought to himself with a tired sigh.

Just as he was about to pull his hair out, a knock came to the door of his office.

Groaning, Zuko bid them to enter.

A servant opened the door and bowed to him.

"My Lord, the Avatar's bison was just seen headed this way."

Zuko almost tipped his chair over he jumped up so fast.

"Ah, yes, thank you. I'll head out now."
He said as he rushed passed the servant.

Wong shook his head with a smile as his young Fire Lord practically ran down the hall. No doubt eager to see a certain waterbender if his memory served him correctly.
He wouldn't mind a Fire Lady like her.

*****
Aang.

Appa landed in the courtyard fifteen minutes later, greeted by the sight of a pacing Zuko, and an amused Sokka.

Setting his bison down, Aang looked down at friends.
For a short time, he almost couldn't stand the sight of his former teacher.
But wanting to live by the ways of his people to keep and honor their memory, Aang let his anger go and forgave Zuko.
Besides, it was entirely his fault.

Jumping off of Appa's head, Aang opened his arms wide.

"Greetings Sifu Hotman Fire Lord!
And future Cheif Sokka of the Sokka tribe!"
And wrapped them both in a bruising hug.

Aang had grown to reach almost Zuko's height, and just as broad, though leaner in muscle.
His voice losing it's childish tone, and apparently, taking a page from Sokkas handbook, growing a beard.

Laughing, the three men broke the hug.

"How ya been buddy? Been too long since I last saw you." Sokka said slapping the younger man's back.

Letting out a huff from the hard hit, that almost knocked him over, Aang said,
"I've been alright. Almost done rebuilding my temple. What about you two?"

Seeing Zuko crane his neck to look behind him, Aang waited patiently for the inevitable question he knew was coming.

"So....is Katara with you?"

Knowing he should have told them all sooner, Aang sighed.

"No she isn't. She left me three years ago."

Sokka didn't seem surprised at all.
Merely nodding his head.
He figured it was going to happen.
During his stay on Kyoshi island with Suki, he'd received a letter from his father letting him know Katara was home.

Zuko froze.

*******
Zuko.

She left Aang.
She left Aang three years ago.

He thought his heart would beat out of his chest.
Katara was no longer with Aang.

Could he possibly have a chance?

Could he tell her how he felt?

He had to try, right?

His uncle always told him to never live with regrets.
Never be afraid of risks nephew.
They are what makes life worth while.

He felt.....

*******

.....sick.
Katara paced back and forth on the deck of the Southern ship.

They'd be docking in the Fire nation in less than an hour, and she thought she was going to toss the contents of her stomach.

Seeing Zuko again after five long, and lonely, years, was daunting to say the least.

Would he be angry with her for never visiting?

After changing into more suitable clothes, made in Fire nation style, showing as much skin as the ones she wore when she was a teen but in her color's, Katara had stepped out onto the deck in the hopes that the fresh air would settle her stomach, she had nothing left to do but wait.

Wait to see the man that still haunted her dreams.
The Agni Kai with Azula still wouldn't leave her.
Nor the sight of Zuko on the ground.

So lost in the past, she hadn't realized the ship had docked till one of the crewmen called her name.

They had arrived at the Fire nation.

And the butterflies in her stomach, turned into a full blown zoo....

*********

Zuko.

Oh Agni...

She was here.
Waiting on the dock with Sokka and Aang, Zuko's stomach was in knots.

Should he hug her?
Bow?
Shake her hand?
What was he supposed to do?!

So tore up over seeing Katara again, he didn't notice the Earth kingdom ship, that had just arrived as well.

"Nephew! My boy!"
His uncle Irohs familiar, comforting voice called out.

"What's up meat head's?!" And then there's Toph.

Zuko whipped around just in time to be enveloped in his uncle's arm's.

"It's so good to see you uncle." Zuko said, momentarily forgetting his nerves.

Pulling back from his boy, Iroh smiled at him.

"You look good my boy. The throne suit's you." Iroh said.

"So do you uncle."

Though he'd not had to fight in two years, Iroh had kept up with his strong shape.

After Toph greeted the boy's with her usual display of affection, that they were sure would leave bruises..... Zuko heard the sweet, gentle voice of the girl that held his heart.....

"Hello Zuko".....