Chapter 1 - Welcome To Fiore Academy!

A/N - Howdy my fellow Wattpadians! Welcome newcomers and welcome back re-readers! For those of you already familiar with the story, you may notice some hefty changes being made. I'm officially going on an editing purge! Before adding any new chapters, I have to reconnect myself to the storyit's been about two years since I laid eyes on it. It'll do me some good to go back and figure out what I wanted to accomplish on this platform in the first place. Thank you to everyone who held on for so long! I owe it all to you guys for bringing me backI've really missed you!

Welcome To Fiore Academy!

Waking up in your lonely new apartment, on your first day at a new school, brought on a certain ounce of anxiety you'd rather do without.

A wave of morning air snuck between the cracks of the porch door, enveloping you in chilling refreshment. No curtains meant the piercing pink sunrise coated your room; stacked to the ceiling with unpacked boxes and littered with new textbooks torn out of their wrapper. 

If you hadn't been expecting a full day of stress, you'd be thrilled waking up with the sun–yours and its energy paired well together. The higher the sun rose, the more energized you became.

Making the most of your new life, you pushed off the firm futon laid across your apartment floor, starting your morning routine of folding and storing the futon, flipping the dishwasher, fumbling through your skin-care routine, and preparing your mother's altar with a fresh glass of water.

Pushing through the motions proved difficult. No matter how high the sun rose, you slumped through your apartment and gained zero energy needed to take on the day. You knocked over boxes, lost the dish soap in your packing, and ingested a fair amount of cleanser on accident. Nothing could combat the impending doom looming over you.

Exhaustion from a lack of sleep got the best of your body. You slugged slow enough to miss breakfast and almost left half of your school uniform behind on a hanger in the closet. As imagined, small things here and there bothered you to the point of aggression.

Your skirt didn't fit right.

Your hair fell out of place. 

And you misplaced your wallet up until the second you needed to leave.

Your apartment wasn't very spacious, and you couldn't duplicate the feeling of your old home, no matter how much you tried. No amount of picture frames or clothes could bring the aura of a happy home.

"I'm leaving, Mama."

Her altar, which sat in the far corner of the apartment with small flowers bordering it, was the only loved part of your new home. Without her bright smile lighting up the room, you'd never take your first step toward a new life.

"See you soon."

To your luck and undeniable privilege, your new school wasn't far–your father made sure to pick an apartment down the street to cement the fact that school was your whole world now. This in turn meant keeping you away from the dormitories, which he swore would bring endless distractions. 

On your walk, you blended in with matching schoolmates in their shaded uniforms ranging from blacks to whites. You walked alone in a black uniform with a white trim, refusing to wear your white uniform until you were sure you could last a day without staining it. 

All of your new peers were attached to another person; not a single student walked alone. You'd only just become a resident in a city these kids have probably lived in for their whole lives.