Chapter FiftyEight

They were in the hangar when they ran into Lincoln, escorting a handcuffed Malick. "Nice job," Asia greeted him with a nod and a grin. He nodded back, as she jogged up the ramp, shooting blades of ice out at the Hydra agents in the immediate vicinity, impaling them in the neck.

She took the ladder up to the second floor two steps at a time, Yoyo shortly behind her. It wasn't hard to figure out where their team was. They just had to follow the sound of unfamiliar voices. Rounding a corner, there was a bulk of Hydra agents crowding the corridor. Asia lurched forward, leg whipping out to knock the first agent down. She didn't even need abilities for this ; she was just that good. Yoyo was beside her, her Inhuman speed propelling her forward, her fists rapidly swinging into the faces of several agents. They made quick work of the entire squad.

The two women looked at one another and shared a quick fist bump of appreciation. Asia stepped forward to the door they were guarding and knocked softly on it. "Hello?" Yoyo called out. It took a moment, but the door finally cracked open, and Mack's eye caught sight of them.

Standing back, he opened up the door further, revealing the rest of their team. Asia let out a sigh of relief, leaning against the wall for a moment to catch her breath, and brush a bit of dripping blood from her cheek. They were all here, Leo included, and alive, even if May didn't look great. It was as if a giant weight had lifted from her chest.

Daisy rounded the corner, clapping Asia on the shoulder. "Nice job. We've got Malick detained and the ship is clear," then she proceeded into the room where the rest of their team was.

"What took you so long?" Asia heard Coulson asked, as she pushed into the room too, moving to Leo to wrap her arms around him as he pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Had to get the band back together," Daisy quipped back with a shrug. "Are we ready to get this bird back in the air?" She asked him. As she let the question float out, May grunted, moving out of Jemma's grasp and attempting to get up. It looked like the movement caused her quite a bit of pain.

"May, sit down, you can hardly walk," Jemma encouraged, her doctors voice taking over.

"Maybe not, but I can still fly," May said through gritted teeth, as she pulled herself into a full standing position. She and Coulson locked eyes and they both nodded. She would get them out of here.

"I'll help," Asia said, "I'm feeling fine and I can take over if it gets to be too much." She nodded at May, who nodded back in thanks. It was time to get the hell out of here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they were back at the base, the Secret Warriors squad headed to the locker rooms to clean off and celebrate their victory as a team. They had all done so well. This was only another step in the right direction, a step towards getting their team together permanently. There was a general consensus that they have achieved victory. That their team had been put together for this exact reason.

"Then the elevator door opens, the bullets come out, boom, boom, boom!" Yoyo mimics the shots hitting Joey. "Before we can ever move! And the soldiers go 'ahh!'" Everyone let out a laugh as they changed out of their sweaty clothes and into cleaner ones. Asia discarded a black t-shirt in favor for a white tank and a gray zip-up.

"Hey, I just stopped the bullets. You dropped the baddies," Joey teased back, hitting her playfully with his t shirt before shrugging it over his shoulder.

"You guys killed it," Asia grinned, shutting her locker door and leaning back against it. "I was very impressed. You didn't even flinch. It was great," she looked over at Daisy and grinned, who smiled back at her.

"We asked for a miracle, and you guys came through," Daisy agreed, balling up her dirty jacket and tossing it into the laundry basket. "We make a damn good team. I can't wait for us to get to do this again." Asia felt herself getting a little misty eyed instead, so she rolled her eyes in response, giving Daisy a playful push on the shoulder.

"Wait, what's that?" Daisy asked suddenly, eyes focusing in on Yoyo's leg. There was a large, deep gash cutting through her olive green pants, blood pooling in the fabric around it. It didn't look great, and definitely looked like it must have hurt. "You should have Jemma take a look at that."

"Oh," Yoyo said, looking down at her leg, touching the area around the cut tentatively. "I..I didn't feel it," she said, looking up at them. "I must have been going too fast." She frowned.

"You sure you're okay though?" Asia asked, placing a hand on Yoyo's shoulder protectively. They had been with her the entire fight - she should have noticed if either of them were hit. And she hadn't. So that blame fell on her.

"Yea, I promise," Yoyo gave her a nod and a sincere smile, as if she could read Asia's worry. "I will have your doctor look at me, I am sure she will say all is good." Asia tried to let these words alleviate a little of the stress she felt.

"Daisy's right," Lincoln said, both to Joey and to the group. "Today was a good day."

"Hey," Daisy said, shrugging on a sweater as she corrected him. "When you snag the head of Hydra and bring him back to base, that's what we call a great day." Asia nodded in agreement, a grin returning to her face. It was great. How often did they pull off a mission like this? Not very. And the team needed this win. There was nothing like a strong victory to boost morale. There would be many drinks had this evening, Asia was sure of that much.

"Do you think he's going to give us anything, realistically?" Joey asked, folding a jacket and tucking it into his locker.

Asia shrugged. "We will see. Coulson is questioning him now. But, I'm sure if he's made it up this high, he's used to some difficult interrogations. He will probably hold up for a little while. If he does give us something good, we might be on another mission before you know it." This much was true. If he was able to provide them anything reasonable, then they could again by tomorrow.

"Well, guys," Asia said, pretending to check her watch. "This is great, but I'm pretty sure I've got a boyfriend who wants to listen to all of my stories. It'd be rude to keep him waiting." Daisy rolled her eyes at Asia, but smiled, this time she being the one to playfully shove her friend. "Yea, yea," Asia grinned. "Don't poke fun." But, even with all the teasing, she couldn't keep the smile from her face; she had someone to come home to.