Chapter 12

.•Overwhelmed•.

(Y/N) POV

     My room fell into deep silence once again as I ignored another call from Tanjirou. I've kept receiving calls from him and everyone else and at this point I think I have over 100 missed calls from them.
     I felt miserable. More than I ever have. I didn't want to get out of bed and the mere thought of going out again to face everyone pained me even more. The problem is, the more I stayed alone the more memories I gain from my past life.
     "Ring....Ring....Ring...."
     My phone ranged again and I looked over. It was from Tanjirou once again. My heart throbbed... if I weren't so weak then none of this would've happened. If only...

Going back to the incident

     "(Y/N)... it's okay now. We're all here with you," Mitsuri said soothingly and took me in a tight hug.
     That's when I lost control of my emotions. I let out all of my tears and tightly hugged Mitsuri back. I was devastated... seeing everyone here and seeing how Tanjirou doesn't remember a single thing.
     "M-Mitsuri!" I let out through my sobs. "Everyone, I can't believe we're all here again." I pulled away from Mitsuri, but right as I did that I was emerged into another humongous hug.
     "(Y/N) YOU'RE BACK!" The yells from everyone around me filled with joy and sorrow at the same time. I can't believe that in our past lives we were allies who faced demons to save humanity before.
     "WHAAAA (Y/N) I'VE MISSED YOUR PRETTY SELF!!" Zenitsu wailed out but was smacked in the head by Inosuke telling him he was way too loud.
     After our reunion from our past lives I told them what had happened that night with Giyuu. I also told them how I couldn't handle my emotions just now.
     "I see, I think you should go back home and rest for today," Muichiro said with a calm expression.
     Everyone rapidly agreed so I was sent home after all the commotion.

Back to the present

     I let out a huge sigh... I didn't want to tell them but after the date with Giyuu I kept having massive headaches. Flashing memories would happen suddenly but right as they happen... I would forget them.
     "Miss (Y/N)..." one of my maids said my name as she entered my room.
     "Yes?"
     "Someone by the name of Tanjirou is at the door."
     "Tell then I don't want to see anyone right now," I'm not ready to see him... well not yet at least.
     "Alright miss," as she closed the door I made myself get out of bed.
     Maybe... I should see him after all. Giving my hair a few brushes I made my way to the main entrance. At that time I caught a glimpse of Tanjirou at the door, he kept urging the maid to let him in to see me.
     A few minutes passed, but he must have caught on my scent because he rapidly looked up my way and screamed out my name.
     I froze. Hearing his worried voice keeps bringing all the past memories back. I didn't knew what to do... I had to get away from him.
     "I-I'm sorry," I screamed out and sprinted towards my room once again.
     "(Y/N)!" I heard him call out my name and a loud shove from him pushing the maid to get past her.
     I misjudged the situation, because I had thought I would reach my room before he could reach me. I wasn't even close to the door when I felt his hand grab mines pulling me towards him.
     "AHHH!" I screamed out as my back fell on Tanjirou's chest.
     "(Y/N), please... did I do something wrong?" Tanjirou sounded so heartbroken from just his tone. I didn't want to look at him so I just stayed there, my back against his chest.
     "No," I responded.
     "Then what's wrong???" He sounded more confused then ever now.
     Looking down on the floor I could feel my tears rolling down my cheeks. "Just memories from the past."
     "Oh." He fell silent and I turned around to face him.
     "I'm really sorry Tanjirou!" He stared at me in shocked. "I'm sorry if I hurt you... I'm just not okay right now. I can't comprehend the things I've went through ever since I came here, it's really hard to explain but just trust me... I'm going through something really heartbreaking... you did nothing wrong."
     He let out relieved sigh, "(Y/N) is that all? I understand. I'm always here if you need me you know? I'll always be a friend you can count on."

     Are you ready?

     "AHHHHHHH!!!" I let out a scream and put my hands on my head. A voice was screaming in my mind and it hurt... it hurt so much.
     "(Y/N)!!!" Tanjirou's worried scream started becoming inaudible.

     (Y/N) did you really think the demons are gone?

     Muzan. His name rapidly popped in my head, but I couldn't react at all. I was in pain... his voice in my mind was devastating. I couldn't handle it anymore.

Tanjirou's POV

     (Y/N)...
     She was in pain. She was screaming as her hands pressed on her head. What is happening? What do I do? I had no clue.
     She was thrashing around. Screaming and occasionally saying my name.
     My heart aches seeing her suffer. It looked like she was in pain for a long time, but in reality this only lasted less than a minute.
     (Y/N) fainted right in the spot and her unconscious body started falling to the floor. I had fast reflexes and grabbed her in my arms before she hit the floor. I was in tears... what was happening to her?
     The servants hurriedly came in and I quickly told them what had happened just now. They took her from my arms and took her to her bedroom. They said I could stay and so I did. They brought me a chair to sit besides her bed.
     "(Y/N)," I softly said her name and looked at her. She was sleeping yet occasionally would murmur my name. Even in her sleep she looked very much in pain.

     There is something mysterious in this modern world. You may think demons don't exist in the modern world... but that is where you're wrong. It's true demons don't exist anymore, but people say that some of their wills still lingers all around us. Studies even shows that these wills would sometimes find a fitting "host" to take their wills on.
     Though no one knows if this is true, but it's said demon slayers still lives on. They may look like ordinary people, but they still contain all the strength that a demon slayer needs. If the world is once again conquered by demons, then the demon slayers would be ready to take out their swords and fight once more.
     Idols. These groups aren't just ordinary groups. Idols from all around Japan is said to have demon slayer reincarnations. How do we know? No one does. Only they do, and many have said to have seen the power and will of muzan still lingering... finding that perfect host to insert his will into.

Published August 30, 2020
.•1211 words used•.

The modern world is still fighting evil from
the very past that we had thought was defeated.

Is there a way to defeat it for good?

Idols and lingering wills

A story about music and a piece of the past
"Will you perform with me?"
Or for me...?

Shocked?
The gears of my fanfic
is finally turning!