Chapter 14

.•Mitsuri's Debut•.

.•(Y/N)'s POV•.

Two weeks passed by rather quick. Before I knew it I was now sitting on the front row seats in the school auditorium. Tanjirou had explained to me before, Mitsuri had to do her debut in school before she can get well known to the public.
I really wanted to help backstage but Giyuu told me to just watch, since this is my first time ever being face to face with actual school idols. He said I should take this moment at heart and take in the marvelous feeling of watching an idol performed. Giyuu gives really good advice.. I'd forgotten how much I've missed him.
My thoughts were interrupted when the lights were turned off instantly. I was caught off guard and frantically wondered if something bad had happened. Suddenly one of the stage lights were turned on right in the middle of the stage. The one who was standing there all alone was Mitsuri herself. She looked so beautiful.. her outfit matched everything about herself. I was breathless.. I've never seen someone so beautiful. Though what can I say, she is the love pillar after all.
She stood there for what seemed to be minutes, but then she gave one of her cutest and sweetest smile. The crowd started applauding and yelling "GOOOO MITSURIIIIII!" Her hair which was now straightened moved so elegantly with her moves as she started dancing. It felt like she was in another world from ours. The music softly started as she started dancing slightly.
I've always seen her practice her choreography after school everyday, but this is totally different. It's as if she's a whole different person. She started raising her pace but she never lost her elegance at all. The crowd was wild, but then everyone became silent in an instant.
Why..? Because that's when Mitsuri pulled her microphone closer to her and started singing. Her melodic voice filled the auditorium... it was so captivating yet relaxing. Her voice reminded me of birds chirping in a summer day. Her voice filled me up with such ease that I found myself smiling so much. 'I can see why Iguro-San loves her so much' I thought to myself and chuckled.
Mitsuri was beyond amazing and the whole crowd agreed with that. Mitsuri ending her debut with an elegant pose and winked to the audience. Everyone started applauding, yelling, and cheering. The auditorium was filled with so many emotions by everyone, it felt so nice. This is what it meant to be an idol. To make everyone happy, to make them feel joy from your moves and your voice. This was something very special that only idols could accomplish, and I want to be a part of that as well.
Mitsuri stood up from her pose and started talking, "Thank you all for coming to my debut! I've never felt so happy to be able to make so many people feel the same kind of joy and happiness that I do!" Giving her sweetest smile she waved and the curtains closed signaling that her debut was now over.
The auditorium then was filled with chatter of everyone talking about Mitsuri. Apparently her debut video was already in the public website and was gaining millions of views in the spam of minutes. I'm so happy for her, I should congratulate her.
Making my way to the backstage I was stopped by Giyuu who called my name and waved. "(Y/N) there you are!"
"Oh, Giyuu!" I made my way towards him. Since he's part of the film crew he was the one in charge of filming Mitsuri's whole debut. "You did an excellent job with the video! It's amazing Giyuu!" I was astonished with his skilled with a camera. The debut video looked like it was one of those professional videos, if you know what I mean.
Giyuu surprised by the compliment blushed and looked away. I swore I heard him say "why are you so cute..." but since it was barely audible I didn't want to say anything, I don't want to embarrass myself once again.
I smiled, he was really shy but I find that really cute. "Giyuu, where is Mitsuri? I want to congratulate her!" Giyuu fixed his posture quickly and told me she was changing in the girl's fitting room.
I thanked him and made my way to the fitting rooms, I've only been here once but I've never seen how the fitting rooms looked like from the inside. I silently knocked on the door, "Mitsuri, are you in there?"
"AHHHH (Y/N)!!!" I heard her yell excitedly as she quickly opened the door and yanked me inside. I was in total shocked, I know how excited she can be, but I was NOT PREPARED FOR THIS.
     Now finding myself inside the fitting room I noticed how... humongous the room actually was. From the outside it might've looked like just some small fitting room, but from the inside it was as big as an entire classroom!
     Mitsuri had put me down, honestly I'd forgotten how strong of a person she was. She seemed so happy as well.. she kept jumping up and down all around the room. She also had changed from her cute idol outfit. She was now wearing her usual school uniform.
I smiled then asked, "Mitsuri. You did such a great job, I was mesmerized by your debut! You'll for sure be really popular soon!"
Mitsuri let out a squeal of joy, "THANK YOU (Y/N)! Obanai just texted me, he's waiting for me at the school entrance! I would love to talk with you more, but I have to see him urgently!!" And with that Mitsuri ram out the room leaving me by myself in the now empty fitting room.
I wasn't expecting this.. but then again I'm not really great at keeping conversations after all. Making my way out, the backstage was now empty. There was no one in the once filled auditorium.
Suddenly a voice started speaking in my mind. "As disgusting as you are I'm not surprised at how lonely you've become (Y/N)."
     "Muzan." I was confused but overall scared.
"Now now (Y/N)... I really can't do anything except this."
     In an instant I lost my train of thought and felt utterly pain. The immense pain took over my body and I couldn't resist it at all. I fell to my knees, I couldn't scream, the more I tried to scream the more the pain grew. Tears were trailing down.. why was this happening to me? Why is Muzan so eagerly interesting in me?

.•Tanjirou's POV•.

     "Tanjirou, so are you ready to prepare for (Y/N)'s debut?" Zenitsu asked as we were walking out of school along with Inosuke and Muichiro.
     I wanted to wait for (Y/N), but I couldn't find her anywhere so I assumed that she had left home. "I'm not sure, I don't want to pressure her but I'm also not that great with female choreography." I responded.
     "BAH! SOMETHING THAT MONJIRO ISN'T GOOD AT!" Inosuke fussed out with a laugh.
"As if you could do it yourself!" I puffed remarkably.
"EH?! WHAT DID YOU SAY! I COULD IF I WANTED TOO!!" Inosuke jumped at me and we started arguing even more.
"CAN YOU TWO SHUT UP ALREADY!!" Zenitsu screamed out making us freeze on our spot.
     "Z-Zenitsu are you okay?" I asked, he usually never yells unless it was for something very important.
     "I think.." he paused for a second to close his eyes and concentrate.
     "Zenitsu?"
     "I HEAR (Y/N) CRYING WITHIN THE SCHOOL BUILDING!" Zenitsu urgently said with a frightened face. "It can't be him..."
     "HIM WHO? (Y/N) IS IN TROUBLE!!" I frantically said and started running back to the school building. I heard Zenitsu scream out my name telling me it was way too dangerous to go back, butI didn't care about my safety at all. I want to save (Y/N). To protect her. I can't explain my feelings, but ever since she came here all I can think about is her name and her beautiful smile. This feeling of sacrifice... I would even die for her.

Published February 8, 2021
.•1373 words used•.

Zenitsu knew it was no use trying to stop Tanjirou, so he called for the others and to prepare for the worse..

Zenitsu has great hearing so he heard (Y/N)'s cries, but he also heard Muzan himself.

Zenitsu knew by the prophecy.. this could only mean the revival of the king of all demons.

Can someone prevent that from happening?

Author's Note

HEY! How long has it been from my last update... god I never knew senior year would be such a pain within this pandemic. I've been trying to focus on work but it's really hard for me. Hopefully I can keep on writing this fanfic because I have so many ideas to write about! I hope you guys don't mind me writing special stories for the missed holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. HOPEFULLY I DON'T MISS VALENTINES DAY AHA :))