Chapter 2

.•First Encounter•.

     Let me me just say one thing.. the uniforms here were extremely cute! Back in the US we didn't use uniforms, but here the schools did. Anyways, a week before school started I was shown all around campus. The school was humongous, and I was told that this was the most popular school in Tokyo. I wasn't surprised that my parents enrolled me here, but I felt small in such a huge place.
     I was now heading to school, it was a warm morning in April and the morning sun rays were greeting me delightfully. The school wasn't far from my house so walking was possible, I've never walked to school before so I was pretty excited. The servants had offered to drive me to school, but I kindly denied their offer. I didn't want to bother them, plus this was a nice experience I'm having!
     Many other students were also walking to school and some even had the same uniform as me while others were slightly different. I heard that there's different uniforms for each grade level as well here.
Finally reaching the entrance, I stood there in awe. Even though I've already seen the school once, the view was still incredible. The Cherry Blossom Trees that adorned the front of the school were blooming, with their beautiful pink and white flowers. These were my favorite flowers I would always see them bloom back at home with my Grandma. She sadly passed away five years ago, but the times I've spent with her were unforgettable.
People were now staring at me... well of course they were I wasn't the same skin tone as any of them. I looked down at the sudden realization of this and quickly made my way in school.
Luckily my classroom should be on the first floor. The principal told me to visit my locker before going to class, since they had left me a bag that had all the things I needed for class. I made my way through the hallway filled with many students as I was looking for my locker.
"Ah found it!" My locker number was 44, they were also the same as back in the US so opening it wasn't that hard.
I had gotten the bag and was about to close the door, until someone slammed it shut in front of me. I jumped in shocked, but before I could turn I was pushed to the floor. Looking up this time there were three girls in front of me. All three were snickering and laughing as I was there in the ground.
"Look who we have here girls~" the girl in the middle was talking and had taken my bag from my hands, I could tell she was the leader of the group. "She must me the new foreign transferred runt that came here from the US, because she doesn't look like anyone else from this school!" All three girls were now laughing and I finally got the confidence to get back up.
"Excuse me.. yeah I'm the new foreign transferred student, but I'm no runt. Could you please give me my bag? I don't want to be late for class.." I was frightened to my bones, but I didn't want to be bullied on the very first day of school. Memories from my past bullies fluttered my mind and I was starting to shake in fear now.
A crowd was now all around us making escaping impossible.. "Excuse me? Did you just say that to me?!" The middle girl suddenly said dropping my bag on the floor and came to push me towards the locker. My back slammed against the locker doors feeling the pain all around my back now.
The other students were now yelling FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! And it took all my willpower to not cry right there on the spot.
"I'M TALKING TO YOU!!" The girl was now pulling my hair and I was now wincing more in pain. "Let me tell you something! My name is Kanao Tsuyuri, and I'm the most popular girl here in this school, so you better not get on my nerves unless you want to make your life here miserable!" She smirked and was now pulling my hair even harder.
"P-Please stop! It hurts!!" I was pulling her arm, but it was no use. As much as I tried it was impossible to get her grip to loosen.
"I'll let go if you become my new errand slave~" she called out to the two other girls who's name were Shinobu and Kanae. "You better agree or we'll be waiting for you after classes at the entrance."
I couldn't even respond now, I was now tearing up. I never asked for this! I just wanted to have a nice first day of school without any problems.
I was about to say something until a male voice was heard from the crowd. "KANAO STOP IT! DON'T TREAT A NEW STUDENT THAT WAY ON THEIR FIRST DAY!!" A boy with ruffled black hair and burgundy tips emerged from the crowd and made his way towards us.
Kanao rapidly let go of my hair and gave the boy a sweet innocent smile. "HI TANJI-KUN~! I wasn't treating her in a bad way, I was only telling her how to open her locker and was about to show her where her class is!"
What a fucking liar. I could tell the boy actually believed her for a second, until he saw me. I didn't realize but tears were streaming down my cheeks and my hair was now all messed up.
"I'll take it from here Kanao-San," Kanao pouted but didn't say anything back. As she left with her two other friends she gave me a glare that said 'I'll get you next time.' I shivered at the thought, I did not want to see her again.
"Here you go," the guy picked up my bag that Kanao had dropped on the ground and handed it to me.
"T-Thank you.." I took the bag and looked at the ground shyly. A guy saved me, this was a bit embarrassing...
"My name is Tanjirou Kamado, and yours?" He smiled at me, and handed me a handkerchief to wipe my tears.
"My name is (Y/N) (L/N)," I responded as I wiped my tears with his handkerchief. I was about to hand it back, but he told me I could keep it.
"That's a cute name! I never heard of it before, but then again you aren't from here." He let out a soft laugh and I couldn't help but smile as well. "What's your classroom number by the way?"
"Oh! The principal told me it's A-1," I had forgotten all about class.. how did I even forget?! "Ahh I should get going now..!"
"No rush (Y/N), I have the same exact class number like you! Aren't we lucky!! Plus it's right down the hall from here." He showed me the way to the classroom and slid open the door to let me enter first. He was very kind.. what a gentleman, and what luck to be in the same class as well.
As I entered, everyone in the class suddenly stopped to stare at me. I gasped in shock as I realized that I hadn't fixed my hair at all. I quickly took out a brush from my bag and gave my hair a few brushes. Ahhhh this is so embarrassing. Oh no. My hairpin?! The Cherry Blossom hairpin that my grandma gave me for my tenth birthday was no longer on my hair.
I frowned.. I couldn't believe it. I had lost the one pin I cherished so much. Tanjirou entered behind me and everyone's attention went from me to him. He was quite popular I told myself. I wonder why, but then again a nice guy like him would obviously be popular with everyone.
I looked around to find a desk that wasn't occupied. Sadly instead of having one desk each row... every row had two desks stuck together. The only pair of desk that were available was one in the very back besides a window. I made my way there and sat down on the desk nearest to the window. Setting my things down, Tanjirou suddenly came to me and sat down on the desk besides mine.
"I guess we're going to be desk buddies from now on, I hope we can be best of partners!" He took out his hand for a shake and I gladly accepted it. Maybe it won't be so bad here after all..

Published May 17, 2020
.•1444 words used•.

(A/N)
The story will have characters from the anime/manga but everyone will have different ages so it can fit my story~

Kanao, Shinobu, and Kanae are all first years along with Tanjirou and (Y/N)!!