"Thanks." You said to him, you were beaming. It was worrisome for you that you didn't feel guilty at all as you paraded in this dress that Kylo bought you. You liked seeing Hux's impressed reaction. "Is it too much?" You asked him. You weren't nervous but a part of you thought you should be.

    He quickly shook his head, "You're perfect."

    Hux wrapped his arm around your waist as a different hostess lead you to the large private room that you would be eating dinner in. She pushed the doors open for you two and as you entered, you took in the environment. There were about 40-ish people there, if you had to guess. You recognized a lot of them, but there were also a few new faces. Associates that you hadn't met before, you assumed. Everyone was mingling around, not sitting in the seats of the various tables.

    Your eyes discreetly searched the room. You knew exactly who you were looking for but couldn't find him. Kylo.

    "Armitage!" A loud voice to your left bellowed. You looked to see an older, overweight man coming your way. You knew in that moment that his man didn't know your boyfriend as much as he might think. Everyone called him Hux, it was weird to hear his full first name.

    Hux shook his hand and greeted him. He introduced the two of you but the man's name entered your ear and immediately left it. You couldn't care less.

    You stood there, pretending to pay attention to the conversation that the two were having. They were talking about a club that had just opened up a few streets away from your apartment. You assumed Snoke was a partner of it by the way that Hux knew a lot of information on it.

    A waitress with a tray of champagne walked by, offering glasses to everyone that she passed. Normally you'd decline but you found yourself reaching for a glass, taking a long sip. You smiled at her in an apologetic way, you felt bad that someone had to work at an event like this, you couldn't imagine how uncomfortable she must be.

    "Jesus, she's a bombshell, isn't she?" The man said to Hux, motioning towards you as if you weren't standing right there. "Where'd you find her?"

    Hux wrapped an arm around your waist, chuckling, and pulling you close against his side. "I'd like to think that she found me." He said, looking at you in a way that begged for you to be polite. The way that the two of you met was far from conventional and it wasn't something the two of you enjoyed talking or thinking about at all.

    "We've been together for a few years." You told the man, you felt the need to defend your relationship. You weren't just a fling for Hux, he should show some respect.

    The man whistled lowly, "You have it made, Armitage. Congratulations." He held his glass up, "Cheers to that." When he saw that Hux didn't have a glass in his hand, he paused awkwardly.

    You smirked and clinked your own glass with his. He hadn't been expecting that. "Cheers." You agreed. You were a smart ass, you couldn't help yourself.

    The man blanked for a moment then looked at you with a predatory grin.

    Hux squeezed your waist, starting to steer you away. "It was nice catching up." He told the man then moved away from him. He gave you a look that said, 'really?'.

    You shrugged at him, feigning ignorance.

    "I need a drink." He mumbled under his breath, walking towards the bar with you. The two of you got comfortable at the stools there. He ordered himself a drink while you sipped on yours. You tried to look around again, where was Kylo, dammit? You were upset with yourself for caring as much as you did.