Leaving

Years Later

Lance's POV

     "Adios mi hijo,"(Goodbye my son) his mother said as she hugged him tight. "Te extrañaré mamá," (I will miss you mom)he told her quietly as he broke away from the hug.  "No vayas tio Lance!" (No don't go Uncle Lance) his niece and nephew said as the ran torwards him and hugged his legs. 

      "Estará bien, cuando regrese seré un político y los llevaré volando, de acuerdo," (It will be okay, when I come back I will be a polit and I fly you guys around, okay) I told them and kneed down and hugged him back. "Promesa," (promise)they asked quietly. "Promesa," I said softly as I embraced them tightly. 

       "Te vamos a extrañar hermano,"(we are going to miss you brother) his sister Victoria said. I stood up and said "Te echo de menos," (I will miss you) as I hugged all my siblings. 

        I started walking towards the plane gate and boarded. I knew would miss them. Heck I even missed them already. I sat in my sit, I was right next to the window I looked out and watched the other planes. 

         It would be a long time before I was back in Cuba.  

                                                                                               ...

               The plane engines started. I felt the plane start to rumble. My chest was roaring with excitement. I had played politing games but nothing compared to the real thing. The plane started to gain speed and I grabbed the armrest. Then the plane lifted off the ground, I started to feel the pressure in my ears.

               I loved it everything about it he thought as the plane soared though the sky.  No book could descide this feeling, he had read a few but none of them, but this is undecribeable  feeling.  I marveled that the the ocean as we flew over it. The ocean was just as beautiful from the sky. Seeing the ocean tho reminded me of home,  I really was leaving, I thought as I watched the ocean pass by. 

            I started to see the shoreline of the North America. As  we passed over I saw all kinds of things huge cities, lakes, and mountain. Their was so much it was awesome.  I then started to get nervous, Would the Holts like me? Would I fail my politing lessons, no I could not think like that, It would be fine, It would be fine, I would be fine, I tried to calmed myself. 

             I looked the window again as a voice overhead says "We will be arriving shortly," I started to fidget in my seat. I started to feel the plane descend.  I looked out the window as the ground started to get closer we were flying over s huge city. I wonder were the Holts lived, where would I be staying. 

           I looked out the window as we continued flying. 

Katie POV

           "Katie! Come on! We can't be late!" her mother yelled from down stair. "I comming," I yelled back as I quickly tried my hair up. Today we were going to pick up a boy from Cuba. My mom and dad thought it was a great idea, they thought it would be good for me to have some my age to talk to. I already had Hunk, Keith, and Shiro tho so I don't really see the point. 

          I guess it would be cool tho to meet someone new, I guess. I quickly put on my shoes as I ran out of my room and down the stairs. (She is wearing the same outfit as in the esipode where she finds Matt, the pants and shorts oufits). 

          "Finally Katie, we need to get to the car, your father and Matt are already inside," her mom said as they both run out of the door.

                                                                                         ... 

            We had been driving for awhile. The four of them had been quietly sitting in car. The silence was broken by Matt. "So does anyone got a guess for what this Lance McClain will look like," he asked his family to break the silence. "I don't know Matt, I all I know is his name is Lance McClain, he is around my age, and he is from Cuba, and I just looked that his name was Lance," I answered my brother. "Well Katie isn't it excited that you'll have someone around your age around the house, since Matt will be off at collage," her mom said. "You make it sound like I am leaving forever I will still visit on the weekends and holidays," Matt said as he looked out his widow. 

           "Oh look we are here," her dad said as he puled into the parking lot. We got out of the car. "Come on we got to hurry, we will be lucky if he has landed yet," her mom said as they ran towards the airport. They ran as fast as the could the finally got to his gate. 

          " Look the plane just parked" Matt said panting "We are on time". Matt held up the sign with his name on it as we waited. As I manged to caught my breath I looked up and I watched poeple getting off and finally a tall guy with copper colored skin and coffee colored hair walked up to us he carrying only one small bag over his shoulder. "Hello, my name is Lance McClain," he said in a thick spanish accent.