5. Die Here In Your Arms

Start from the beginning

He gave me a smile and poured me a shot.

"Having a good day?" he asked, his Spanish accent thick.

"In between."

As he poured the whiskey, I grabbed the glass and gulped it all down.

"Don't die on me now!" said the bartender as I began coughing violently.

Emily patted me on the back.

"Some strong whiskey you got there," I said, lifting my glass towards the bartender.

I turned my chair around, trying to get some air. I fanned myself with my hands. As I looked into the crowd, I saw a familiar face. He was dancing with a girl. She had light eye makeup and a couple of small tattoos you could see evenly drawn into her tanned skin. She looked good. She wasn't the typical club girl, but she blew me away. I took a good look at the man who was dancing sexually behind her.

Drew!

What the hell was he doing there?

They stopped dancing, due to the intense heat coming from the crowd of people. They talked to each other for a minute, getting themselves together. She pushed her hair back with her fingers, looking at her dress to make sure she still looked good. They began walking in my direction. I turned around as fast as I could. I didn't bother to fake a conversation with Emily to play it off. It was kind of too late for that.

"Hit me, Emilio!" she commanded the bartender. Emily turned around to give the girl some space to get herself together but ended up locking eyes with Drew.

"Oh my God, Drew, hey!" Emily said loudly.

She tapped me, and I turned around, purposefully acting clueless.

"Drew," I said in greeting, looking at the girl in front of him.

He hugged her from behind, his hands under hers.

"Yeah, Ellah Belle. This is Camryn."

She eyed me up and down as we shook hands.

"Hi, Camryn." said Emily, offering a hug.

Drew pulled Camryn back to him and kissed her.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm with the guys."

He pointed to the stairway. I looked up and saw his friends that were at the party at my house the other night, including tattoo boy. I gasped softly under my breath. We locked eyes for just a moment, and then he carried on with whatever he had been doing.

"Do you mind?" said Emily, pointing at the area where his friends occupied the chairs.

"Uh, no. Go ahead, they're all yours," he said, turning to kiss Camryn.

"Come join me," said Emily, grabbing my hand to pull me through the crowd of people.

We finally made it upstairs, where there was barely anybody there other than Drew's friends. Quinton looked bored, smoking a cigarette and blowing circles in the air to entertain himself. Eli kept pouring drinks into his plastic red cup, playing with a lighter. Tattoo boy kept looking around, trying to make eye contact with any female who might have sex with him.