5. Die Here In Your Arms

Start from the beginning

"You better run. I'll bleach your hair in your sleep, Drew," I warned him, screaming as loud as I could.

I face palmed, looking at my reflection in the mirror by the stairway.

Emily rushed back downstairs, grabbing me by my hoodie.

"Wait, don't walk away yet. We're still going out tonight, missy."

She released her intense grip from my hoodie clumsily as I cussed under my breath.

"You got it, dude!"

I put both my thumbs up, marching back into the kitchen with the thought of ditching her.

______

As the night went on, Emily and I headed to a local club downtown in New York City. There wasn't any drama. Everyone seemed cool. There were loud people toasting and cheering the wonderful night on.

I was a little chilly, as I wore a short skirt and a crop top. Emily wore a silk cocktail dress with a heart-shaped opening in the back. Some of her light brown hair had fallen over her face. It sparkled up her brown eyes even more. She walked flirtatiously across the dance floor, trying to catch all of the guys' attention. In my opinion, she looked ridiculous, but most of the guys were drooling over her.

She walked by the bar, where I sat watching everybody else dance under the bright stage lights. She danced around, looking peaceful. Nobody could get in her way, and if they did, they'd most likely end up with a black eye.

A random guy came up behind her and began to grind on her, his grip on her tight. I was surprised she didn't punch him.

"Ellah, come dance with us," she said, pointing at herself and the guy behind her.

He winked, creepily licking his lips. His body language told me that he wanted me to go dance with him, but I ignored both of them.

"Get away right now," I heard her say to the guy who was dancing behind her.

He ignored her, and in response, she shoved him. He picked himself back up and wandered off to go creep on other uninterested girls.

"This isn't you, Elle. Did I say something that ticked you off?" I asked, looking at her.

She shook her head, taking an empty seat right beside me and snapping her fingers at the bartender. She flipped her long, gorgeous hair over her shoulders and rolled her head to the side to seduce the attractive bartender who came to the rescue.

"Can I get you gorgeous ladies anything?" the man asked, offering us a variety of alcoholic beverages.

I eyed his apparel. He wore a short-sleeved black shirt with a red satin bowtie sitting at the center of his neck. His long arms looked smooth and strong. His face was well-groomed, and his nails were perfectly filed and painted, as though he'd never missed an appointment at the barbershop or nail salon. He look well put-together, with tanned skin and a cute smile on his face.

Emily pointed to one of them and he poured some of it into a shot glass. His gaze shifted to me.

"Oh, um... could you get me some strong whiskey?" I asked.