chapter fifteen ; "red witch."

Blue  M O O N

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ ; "ʀᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ."

298 AC

298 AC. THE STORMLANDS.

THE STARLIGHT-LIKE ARMOUR THAT JENNY WAS WEARING HAD BEEN REPLACED BY THE HANDMAIDENS EFFICIENTLY, CHANGING HER INTO ONE OF MARGAERY'S GOWNS. Now, she wore a dress that made her look like a Lady, dressed in a pale blue - accented with swirls of gold on the bodice and around her waist was a belt of golden thorns and a golden rose in the centre. It felt comfortable on her body, much more comfortable than the cold armour she'd been wearing for over a weak. Regretfully, the Daemadar realised she had misplaced her spear and hadn't found it since her exposition to Margaery.

Margaery. Margaery was the only person who knew about Jenny's sudden and perplexing fondness for the Kingslayer and the latter had sworn the former to utter secrecy - of course, never wanting to betray her kin, the Tyrell obliged to the Daemadar's wishes. The Queen was not thrilled about Jenny's affection for him, but the maiden had discussed the prospects whether it was just utter sinful lust for the devilishly handsome man; Margaery was praying that it was only lust, not true fondness. The Tyrell was also dangerously worried about the rest of her cousins, particularly Mani, Eyva and Anthor (she knew Ashter was safe), she was terrified about what the Lannisters would do to them. Both grown women were praying that all three younger members knew how to play the game to save their lives and Jenny had told Margaery about how she was planning to leave at some point, to return to King's Landing to protect her family.

That was one thing both of them had in common with each other, their duty to their respective families came above all else - even if it meant hurting others to achieve the goal. Though Margaery adored her Daemadar cousins, they didn't share the Tyrell name, the Tyrell name came above all else - Jenny adored her Tyrell cousins, but she knew the way their Grandmother's branch of the family worked; the name must live on. Loras was the future of House Tyrell, he was the only way the family name could live on. It was the same with Ashter, he was the future of House Daemadar and without him, the Daemadar name would die. That couldn't happen even if all the Seven Hells froze over, that's why Jenny had begun telling him to start courting Tarla Bolton and hopefully, the oldest Daemadar had listened.

However, Jenny knew she was being hypocritical of herself - she had failed her duty to her House, by rejecting the King in the North's advances; she felt ashamed. She couldn't do the one thing she was born to do, to seal a lasting alliance to the Wardens of the North for all the Winters to come - the Daemadar felt like she had brought shame upon her Father, wherever in the world he may be. Jenny felt like a disgrace, but at the same time she didn't; she was doing what she thought was right - fate was pulling her destiny in the opposite way she thought it should be going. But the Gods worked in a strange way, they were cruel and kind and more often than not had no mercy for mortals - that's why they were Gods.