chapter twenty-eight ; "fear."

BLUE M O O N

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ ; "ꜰᴇᴀʀ."

trigger warning: contains themes of rape and themes of sexual assault

299 AC. THE RIVERLANDS.

ALTHOUGH THE PRESSURE FROM HER FOOT WAS RELIEVED, JENNY COULD NOT SAY THAT SHE WAS COMFORTABLE. Her arms were positioned in front of her, her wrists bound together tightly with a rope that dug into her delicate skin. She was sat upright, in what would have been considered an unladylike manner, with her legs dangling over either side of the horse. The only thing that had stopped the maiden from falling was more ropes tied around her thighs and around the underbelly of the stallion that she rode. The soldiers had removed her breastplate, and her worn top was thin and withered, exposing parts of her skin. 

Though the position that she was sitting in was causing her great discomfort, the rope that was bonded around her waist was connected to another. The rope extended around the Daemadar and around the Lannister's torso, and through the thin material of Jaime's tattered clothes, she could feel the heat of his skin. The feeling of his touch calmed her in a way that she couldn't describe and there was something that was different and freeing about being able to feel him, whilst the light of the day touched both of their skins. 

The third member of their party, Brienne, sat across from Jaime - staring at him. She sat by herself, unarmoured and tied up. She scowled intently at the man, who she blamed for the ordeal.

Jenny cherished the intimate moments that they had spent together in the dying flames of the campfire and in the sleepy glow of moonlight. But there was something secretive and forbidden about the way that they met in the night, as Brienne slept across from them unknowing of the pair's stolen kisses and affections. The feel of his skin, against hers, in the daylight gave Jenny a completely different feeling. There was something freeing about being able to be with him in the light of the cold sun, a contemptuous feeling of warmth she couldn't quite capture into words. 

"He lifted her high in the air!" the soldiers that walked on foot next to them sang their voices in a cheery tavern tune.  

It unsettled Jaime, to how many men had their eyes on Jenny as they sang and hollered. Even in his weakened condition; he knew he would fight any of them to the death to defend her. He clenched his jaw in disdain, knowing at the moment, even if he tried, he would fail to defend her. The thought of that pained him tremendously and Jaime's heart plummeted into the caverns of his stomach. 

The horses trotted on as the troop continued to sing. "He sniffed and roared and smell her there!"They belted out, causing the birds in the trees above to flap their wings and fly away.