"C'mon, let's get started" He said, confidently. Reese just lay there on his bed, ignoring us. I sighed and stood up, walking over to Malcolm who was near the desk I had previously been leaning on.

"So, how come you're late?" I asked the teenager, standing beside him as we placed the lab equipment on the desk.

He looked at me. "Oh, I had to drop Stevie off somewhere in the car"

I nodded in response.

---

After around an hour of working, Malcolm and I decided to take a break.

"So, there is something I need to talk to you about" I told Malcolm as we sat opposite each other on his bed, our knee's bent.

His pale blue eyes met mine, his mouth slightly agape and his brow furrowed.

"What's up?"

"Reese kinda knows where I live... And he mentioned you too" I informed him.

He stared at me, blankly at first, then his expression changed into worry.

"Umm, it's a long story and hard to explain" He started to become all twitchy and fidgety, slapping his comic book closed and scooted closer to me, so he was sat before me in the lotus position.

He was fidgeting with the blankets when I noticed how uncomfortable he was. I placed my hand on his.

"Hey, you know I'm easy, just tell me" I told him. He held his gaze on mine for a second, before doing something I never thought he'd ever have the courage to do.

He leaned his head closer to mine, before I could react, his lips were on mine. He wrapped his hand around my neck and pushed his weight down onto me.

I wanted to push him away, but something felt somewhat right about kissing this boy.

I was laying back on the bed, Malcolm on top of me, full on making out by this point.

I could feel his hand slide down my side, slowly edging closer to my center.

"Malcolm" I said, out of breathe, pulling away from him.

He held his head up to look at me. He looked between my face and his hand, clearly reading my expression correctly.

"S-sorry, I-I-I don't know what the hell came over me" Malcolm said, holding himself over me.

"It's fine, Malcolm, I've gotta admit, that was kinda hot" I laughed, holding a large smile at him.

He smiled back at me, pulling me back into the kiss.

"Malcolm!" I jumped at the loud voice, Malcolm mimicking my movement.

He spun his head around to meet the gaze of his older brother, Reese. He was standing in the doorway, arms crossed, brow furrowed. He looked mad.

Malcolm was still sat on top of me, frozen in what looked like... Fear?

"Reese! I-It's not what it looks like!" Malcolm shouted at his brother, waving his hands in the air at him.

I was sitting up, pushing Malcolm off of me whilst getting ready to defend Malcolm from his brother, who looked ready to pounce.

"You've known that I've liked her for years! And then you just steal her from me just 'cause you've liked her a couple months? What the hell is wrong with you, Malcolm!?" Reese almost screamed at his younger brother.

"What? Why does no one tell me anything?" I muttered under my breath to the boys. They heard me, only just.

I scooted off the bed, standing between the two beds. Malcolm remained on the bed, balancing on his knees. Reese stood beside Malcolm's desk, eyeing me.