Kanaya's Advice

I eventually get to Kanaya's house. I park the car in the driveway next to Vriska's car. I walk up to the door and knock. It opens to spider bitch. Her glasses are planted on her face and her blue lipstick lips reveal a smile.

"Kanaya, babe, Karkat is here." She lets me in and goes back to the couch she was on. She plays with the wires on her arm that Equius built her. I sit in my spot which is a lone chair and I wait for Kanaya to come out.

"So what brings you here Karkat?" Vriska asks while messing with her arm still, not even looking up at me.

"Issues with Gam." I can see her smirk. I take off my hood and cross my arms.

"Why won't you admit you like him?" She says finally glancing in my direction.

"We got into a big fight over our differences the day I was going to tell him."

"Boo hoo." She puts her arm back on and wiggles her fingers, then slips her coat back on.

"Vriska, stop it." Kanaya comes out in her red skirt and green lipstick. I stand up and hug her after she puts the tea down. "How are you feeling Karkat?"

"Awful. I mean Gamzee came and apologized to me earlier at the café. He sung a song and stared at me the entire time. I had to leave before I cried."

"Well, you should feel a bit better because you're on calm terms again. But I understand why you still feel awful."

"He's just being a baby." Vriska chimed in as she draped her arm around Kanaya. Kanaya slapped her leg and Vriska only smirked. "It's true." She speaks again. I sighed and rubbed my face.

"Honestly, Karkat, I think Gamzee loves you just as much as love him." Kanaya sipped her tea.

"I just don't want to ruin the friendship, you know? Gamzee and I have been best friends since we were born and a few simple words can change that completely."

"That's correct, a few simple words can change that completely in a good or bad way."

"That's how Kanaya and I got together. She asked me out and confessed her undying love for me then we changed for the better." Vriska laughed and Kanaya slapped her leg harder which only make Vriska laugh harder.

"Well let's catch up. How have you been Karkat?"

"Well we already know that." She nodded and pondered for a second.

"How's school?"

"Schools alright. You know I'm not failing. I've got my passing C's and B's."

"That's good." I checked my phone and to see its already 10.

"Oh crap, I've got to go. I didn't notice it was already 10. I'm sorry Kanaya." She gets up and hugs me.

"It's fine Karkat. I'm always here for you no matter what the time is." She walked me to the door. "Have a good night and drive safely. Alright? Call me whenever and I'll try to help you as best as I can." She hugs me once more and kisses my forehead.

"Good night Kanaya. Good night Vriska." Vriska waves her fingers from behind Kanaya and I head back home.

  I walk into the barely lit house to see Kankri finishing cooking dinner.

"How was Kanaya?" He asks.

"She's doing good. Vriska was there."

"They're together?" I nod.

"Kankri can we talk?"

"Of course." He puts dinner on two plates and sets one in front of me and one in front of him.

"How do you tell someone you love them?" He looks at me smiles.

"You have to feel it from the bottom of your heart Karkat. The time will come and you will know." I nod. "It's Gamzee, isn't it?" I nearly choke on my food and I can feel my face turn dark red.

"No.." I look at my brother sheepishly.

"Karkat, I see the way you look at him. You wear his shirt to bed every night. It's obvious."

"So you know I'm gay? You don't care?

"Of course not Karkat. Why would I? I mean I'm with Cronus." He crosss his arm. I never noticed how much Kankri and I look alike until now.

"You're with Cronus?" I ask

"Never mind that. Just let the time come Karkat." I nod and we finish our dinner in peace. (So many gay couples cx)

  After I finish washing my plate off I head up to my room.

"Goodnight Karkat."

"Night Kankri." I yawn and shut my door. I change into my black pajama pants and Gamzee's shirt. It's a simple purple shirt. I smell it and smile. I look at my laptop which died from being uncharged. I take my phone and look at my text messages. Three from Sollux and two from Gamzee. Sollux asked if I was alright multiple times and why I wasn't playing. I told him I'm alright and I was at Kanaya's. Gamzee said he had something to tell me tomorrow and the second text told me to meet him at his house whenever I feel like it. I said okay and good night to both. I fell asleep quickly, dreaming of the purple eyed love of mine.