9

third person

sodapop knew he messed up. he really messed up. he hates himself for that. tatum thought out of all people, sodapop would never have said that. she even expected darry to say it before sodapop. she can't forgive him. even if she tries to, it won't happen. she's broken. sodapop was her number one best friend, now she has no best friend... or any friends. she doesn't want to hang out with people who hang out with sodapop. she won't look at him, or speak to him.

"what did i do that for?!" sodapop yells in anger.

"calm down, you just weren't thinking." darry says, reassuring sodapop.

"she's my best friend! and now i've lost her!" sodapop yells at darry.

"just go find her then." ponyboy tells sodapop.

"ponyboy, i know i'm very dumb at times, but you are so dumb. why would tatum want to talk to sodapop after what he said? use your brain, kid." two-bit tells ponyboy.

"oh, i understand now." ponyboy replies. two-bit nods his head, smiling at how dumb ponyboy is.

"how about dally talks to tatum? she's closer than anyone else besides sodapop." johnny suggests.

"that's a great idea, johnny!" darry smiles.

"why me?" dally asks.

"johnny just explained why." darry responds.

"do i have to?" dally asks.

"you are going to do it because tatum is your friend, and so is sodapop. this is what friends do, dally." darry tells dally.

"ugh, fine." dally groans, walking out the door.

"DON'T TELL HER ANYTHING THAT ISN'T TRUE!" sodapop yells to dally, as he begins walking down the street. dally lifts his hand in the air and gives sodapop a thumbs up.

----

"hello, dallas! what a pleasure to see you here!" mrs brookes, tatum's mum, says as she finds dally walking up to their porch.

"uh, hi, mrs brookes... is tatum here?" dally asks.

"oh yes, she's in her room. she won't come down though. you can try if you'd like, or i can leave a message for you." mrs brookes says.

"can i go up to see her? i'll be really quick, don't worry." dally says.

"of course, dear." mrs brookes replies. dally nods his head and runs up to tatum's room, making mrs brooke's shake her head in disappointment because she hates when people run inside.

----

"TATUM!" dally bangs on the door. "OPEN UP! I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE! I'M NOT LEAVING UNTIL YOU COME OUT! I'LL LET MYSELF IN, EVEN IF THAT DOES MEAN BREAKING YOUR DOOR DOWN!" 

"jesus, dal... i'm coming, hold your horses." tatum replies, opening her bedroom door. dally walks into her room and notices all the polaroids of sodapop have been taken down.

"you know he didn't mean to hurt you. he was just mad." dally tells tatum.

"we both know he told you say that." tatum replies.

"no! i'm serious! you really think he would say that to you? you've both been friends for over ten years now, and you believe he did that on purpose? c'mon, tatum... i'm starting to feel like i know him better than you do." dally states.

"he prefers sandy over me." tatum pouts.

"that's not true. sandy's probably a distraction." dally says.

"sure." tatum says sarcastically.

"well i'm no dr phil but don't ya think sodapop deserves a second chance and to give you an explanation?" dally asks.

"i guess so, but this is his last chance." tatum answers.

"you love him don't you?" dally asks.

"yeah, of course. he's my best friend." tatum replies.

"you know what i mean." dally says.

"you think i'm gonna tell you." tatum laughs.

"it was worth a shot." dally chuckles.

"nice try, winston." tatum smiles.

"hey! you smiled! you smiled! i made you smile!" dally screams happily, like he won a million dollars.

"goofball." tatum chuckles, hugging dally. usually dally wouldn't hug anyone, but he always makes an exception for tatum.

a/n

so the water in my suburb is poisoned so we aren't allowed to drink from the taps :/