(16.) A Short Walk in a Pretty Town

Dutch sped into camp in a panic. You weren't sure how much time had passed, but it looked like morning.

"They took Arthur, Colm..." Dutch paused. "They're trying to bait us." He turned to you. "Y/n...will you ride with me?"

"Always," you said, going to your horse.

"Where's Micah? He's coming with us."

You hid your annoyance for Dutch's sake, watching as Micah mounted his horse and joined the two of you.

"How's your head?" Asked Dutch, calmer now.

"Sore. But Grimshaw says I'll be fine. Where are we going?"

"I think I know where Colm's holed up. We'll have to scope the place out before we plan. Now, ride! Hiyah!"

You followed Dutch alongside Micah, riding to an area near Bard's Crossing. It was a long bridge going from the Heartlands into West Elizabeth.

"We'll take the path under the railroad tracks and scout the area," shouted Dutch over the wind. You crossed a shallow river and moved up a hill.

You looked around at the scenery. The West was so beautiful, so natural. No big billows of smoke came from over a few treetops; instead there was a forest and clean air.

The weather was nicer, even if it was a bit cold.

"If Colm O'Driscoll thinks he can take Arthur, he's a bigger fool than I thought," said Dutch suddenly.

"He wants you, Dutch, and you know it. He's no fool."

"And I am not an animal to be baited and killed."

You spotted a few men guarding a small house of sorts further up.

"Wait! I think that's them," you said as quietly as you could.

Dutch led the three of you to a perfect scouting spot to watch them.

You all took out your binoculars, and seeing the men up close, you could tell they were O'Driscolls.

"I don't see Colm," you said, removing the binoculars from your eyes to scan the area.

"I don't either, but if Arthur's here, someone needs to be ready to get him out of here. Dutch, you want to help take them out or stay by your horse?" asked Micah.

"You two go, I'll keep watch. Hurry, Colm could arrive any second if he's not already here."

You and Micah crept up to two guards facing away from you, simultaneously killing them stealthily.

You peeked around the corner for more guards and spotted three.

"I'll take the two right there. You get the third."

You nodded, following his orders.

The three men were taken out quickly and after making sure there were no more, Micah kicked the door nearest to him down.

It was empty, not a single person inside, nor a sign of Arthur.

You heard a scuffling sound coming from below the floor, sending you quickly outside searching for a basement.

You found the entrance and opened it quickly, seeing Arthur's diminished figure hanging from the ceiling.

"Shit, Micah! He's in here."

Micah followed you into the basement and held Arthur while you cut him down.

"Well, things was good until you showed up," he said to Micah, who threatened to drop him.