Chapter 08 - Curious

It was a good day. The weather was fair, the students were having fun and people were coming in to experience the cultural festival at Inarizaki High.

The arch made by the student council was eye catching and various stalls welcome the visitors once they entered the school grounds. Upon entering the school building, classrooms were being up and about with their respective recreations, may it be maid cafe, horror house or any other attractions.

At the school gymnasium, crowd gathered as the welcome program which officially kick started this year's cultural festival just finished and it was now the time for the talent show.

The participants were all waiting at the backstage, preparing themselves for their performance.

Riseki let out a sigh as he clenched a hand over his chest. "This is nerve-racking compared to playing a match."

"Don't worry. I'm sure that it'll be fine," Omimi told him.

"We already rehearsed it a couple of times without making any mistakes. Why would you still be nervous?" Kita suddenly asked, making them shiver at how cold it sounded.

"W-Well..."

Ojiro, then, chuckled. "What Kita meant to say was he was certain that we could do the same thing as we did during rehearsals, performing later on without mistakes."

"I know what the captain meant to say but still..." Kosaku remarked.

"It felt like a robot saying it," Suna added.

"Now, now. Kita is Kita, afterall," Akagi told the both of them.

"That's right!" Ginjima said. "Besides, Cap'n has a valid point. If we can do it perfectly in practice, surely we can also do so during the real thing. There's no need to be nervous."

"There really is no need to be nervous," Osamu started.

And Atsumu carried on with, "It's all fine now. Why?"

"Because we are here!" the twins were in unison, their confidence was evident in their huge open smiles.

"Wait, isn't that a catchphrase from a famous character? Do we even have the copyright to use it?!" Ojiro reacted and it made them laugh.

That short jest loosened up the members and Kita was glad to see that it happened moments before it was their turn to take the stage.

Upon standing there, the captain noticed how there were a lot of people present. Among the dense crowd, countless eyes were on them. Fellow students, alumni and visitors were watching them, yet a certain pair of e/c orbs was able to held his gaze.

L/n was sitting on one of the seats, blending in naturally as she wore the school uniform just like usual whenever she was in the premises, looking like she was truly a student of Inarizaki High, and it made him wonder how he was able to spot her with little to no effort.

She gave him a small wave and smiled. After that, she leaned to her right, whispering something to the person sitting beside her and that was when Kita realized that it was actually his grandmother. Granny turned to look at him and warmly smiled, silently wishing her dear grandson all the best.

And with that, the VBC performed their comedy act. It was just a short performance yet it did manage to achieve its purpose: to make people laugh. Their skits were not that hilarious but it was still funny. The most notable one was when Atsumu laid down on top of Osamu and then slowly rise up as if he was his twin's soul escaping his body.

"That was so fun to watch, Shin-chan!" L/n told him with a smile as the boys finally went off the stage.

"It was only possible because of Aran," he stated.