Tumbling

I woke up the next morning fully refreshed.  I stretched and stood up, folding the blanket that Smee had brought me. I then buttoned the top few buttons of my shirt that had come undone while I had slept.  I combed my fingers through my hair, untangling the knots the best I could, and then walked out of the storage room.  The rest of the crew was awake and moving around, completing their tasks. I let my eyes wonder, hoping to see Dastan. It had been a while since we had last talked. Before I went with Hook, I had informed Dastan of my where-abouts, just so that he wouldn't be concerned...though the fact that I was alone with the captain seemed to cause him to worry. 

I found him tighting some of the knots at the side of the ship. "Hey." I say, walking up to him.

He looked over at me expectantly, "Well?"  

I knew he was referring to my time with the captain.  "It went well." I stated

"Well meaning..." Dastan gestured for me to continue.

I shrugged, "He didn't try anything." 

Dastan sighed in relief, "Good."  He pointed to the knots on the other side of the ship, "Could you give me a hand and tighten them for me?" 

I nodded, "Sure." I went over and started pulling at the ropes, tightening them the best I could...which was not very good. I simply wasn't strong enough. I sighed and tried again, not only using my upper arm muscles but also those in my back.  I almost had it tightened as much as Dastan had when I lost my grip and started tumbling backwards.   I was expecting a hard landing on the floor when I fell into someone's arms. 

"Careful there." Hook said, steadying me.  *insert fan-girl scream here*

"I-uh-- thank you." I stammered, looking down at my feet to avoid Hook's deep blue eyes. 

"Here, let me show you how to do these." Hook gripped the rope firmly in his hand and pressed his hook against the side of the ship for support, pressing against the ship with his hook and pulling the other way with his hand. It tightened perfectly. 

"Yeah...I'm never going to learn how to do that." I said once he had finished.

He smirked, "Practice. That's the key."

I smile, "Well thanks." 

He nods, he starts to walk away but then turns back towards me, "Would you mind having dinner with me again tonight?" 

"Alright." I hesitate, "Same rules apply." I add.

He smiles, "That they do."