7: ❣️An Expensive Joke❣️

Several days passed after the marking, yet her condition is still the same which made Lima decides to follow me to her place for the first time.

She has been so quiet these days with only a question in her mouth, "How is she?" which I replied with, "She will be fine"

But today, she insisted to follow me, maybe because, since the time she knew about her, she has not set her eyes on her as I've studied all her motives and body languages she showed me of recent.

Aside from that, all her murmurings and thoughts kept ringing in my ears as I could listen to anyone's thoughts within the range of five meters away from me.

She sat awkwardly on the bed, her gaze fixed on me as I sit on the couch opposite to the bed going through some files pretentiously.

'It's time I know about her' she smirked beneath her breath.

"Hubby, when will you visit the hut?" she asked but her voice was as low as a chirping bird which gives me the chance to concentrate more on the file not minding her question.

"Please take me with you. Let me see her for once please" She puffed up her face.

"I told you she is still in a coma, why do you want to see her?" I replied, with my eye gazing at her.

She turned a cold glare at me from the bedside and focused her lens like she will swallow me up alive.

I gazed back on my file but before I knew it, she snatched the file and slammed it on the table, my lips agape.

"I know you're pretending to read this, why are you avoiding my gaze... hu...b...b..y?! Her voice fades into my ears.

I swallowed with a perplexed expression on my face, my eyes met with hers and I can't resist her cunning eyes, she gently sits on the couch beside me holding and caressing my hands. 'Wife like her knows how to soften the stoned heart of her man'

"You said she was in pain all through her life right? Don't you think she will be lonely now? since you said her body responds to the surroundings which means she will feel lonely during the time she was left alone" She blabbed at a go.

"...Please, allow me to fill the gap. P..lea...se! Hubby!" She said with a tiny voice making me stare at her irresistible eyes.

What I hate most about her is this blabbing aspect, I can't stand it, imagine how she presented everything, she cooked her every word so well that, I can't even deny her.

My eyes traveled from her eyes down to her lips, "Wifey! Your every word is true but.....

...She cut in... "No 'but' hubby! Ple...ase!" She said placing her head on my right shoulder, all other words choked in my throat and I swallowed them down sniffing in her Nectar-loveral scent.

"Fine, I will take you but you will have to disguise as an old woman in case she wakes up," I said giving in to her.

She nodded in approval with her head on my chest, "Also, you will let your maids know you're going on a personal trip... "Okay!!?"

"That's my hubby, I so much love you" She replied with excitement and turned to face me, my heart meltdown and all I could do is move my lips closer to hers but became helpless when she pecked my cheek and stood up hastily while my lips kissed the air and my gaze traced her off.

'Only when you need a favor?!' I mumbled with disappointment.

Later in the twilight, we left for the hut. On reaching there, Lima insisted she wants to see her alone so I left them in the hut while I called on my medical head to get prepared because my instinct said she will wake up soonest.

"Even in your worst condition, you're still beautiful" I heard wifey whispering to her as I joined them in the hut.

'You must have taken after your mother" She added as she caressed her hair sideways.

I stared at them from the rear end mesmerized by her action, "You look cute together" I said and she turned to look at me with smiles.

"Very soon you will have your baby girl and caress her hair that way," I said on approaching them, "Or will you like to adopt her," I said playfully.... just to tease her.

"Wow! Can I?" She stood up to hold my arm, "I've been wanting to ask you!" She said as if her life depended on my tease.

I raised my eyebrows at her in disbelief, even if I said that she should be the one to turn down my words on that, but why this excitement?

"I so much love you hu...b...by!" she replied hugging me. I became confused as I started to regret my slip of the tongue.

My mouth gaped and was dumbfounded by her sudden reaction, "Uhm! Sorry wifey, I was just teasing you!" I said positioning myself in such a way to hide my temper by quickly dipping my hands in the side pockets with my legs apart while she released me noticing my serious face.

"Can't you see she's human? Wifey! Something inside of me want to save her, that's all" I replied with the softest tone I can mutter as I am fighting it hard to suppress my anger.

She turned her gaze on me and her excited face was ruined, staring at me with disbelief but I don't care about her ugly look right now, "Once she wakes up and recovers, I will send her to her family. That's my plan for her!"

Then her voice cut in... "Why?! Can't you understand hubby? She won't be welcomed over there" She said with budged eyes willing to throw me out.

"Hubby! God sent her here and fate caused us to meet! Instead of feeding on her, you saved her instead! Sending her back will cause her nothing but pains" She paused and gulped in.

I can feel anxiety in her words but I can't give in this time, "Ple...a...se! She will be safe with me, trust me!" her voice pleaded but I'm so adamant, the repercussion of being caught hiding her is so unbearable for me... Can't she just understand?

"No!!!" I yelled at her, "You can't have your way this time like you always do! I have made up my mind! Lima ple....ase... I will send her back to her family!!!" I screamed at her.

Before I ended my words she glanced at me with a furious face and shook off her head vigorously,

'Lima? I can't remember the last time he called me by that, she said in her mind

"Oh my goodness, I lost it!" My eyes traced her as she ran towards the entrance with her right hand clenched to her chest tightly.

She just convinced me to bring her here now she's requesting something more difficult!

Why did I make such an expensive joke huh?

"Wifey wait! I will explain....."