🔞I'll Keep You Warm 🔞

The snow was falling in much larger flakes now that the storm was settling in. Sakura and Sasuke stood just inside a cave they found only moments before, the freshly fallen snow clung to their hair and cloaks. Sasuke ran his hand through his hair and shook out his dark locks before glancing sideways at his partner. She had her hands cupped in front of her face, attempting to blow on them to thaw out her half frozen fingers.

He smiled softly as he made his way to her, moving to stand behind her much shorter frame. She gasped when she felt his arm wrap around her waist and pull her back against his chest. His head tucked itself in the crook of her neck and he drug his hand up her arm till he reached her cold hands. He wrapped them in his much warmer one before placing them against her chest (right over her rapidly beating heart), trapping them there. He stood there a moment before he kissed her neck softly, bringing her hands up to his face. His warm breath fanned over them as he began to blow and rub them, slowly thawing her thin fingers.

Her breath caught in her throat and she licked her suddenly dry lips as she watched his eyes darken, following the moment of her tongue. "Sasuke-kun...," she whispered as she tilted her head further towards him.

"Better?" His question hung between them as the tension in the air grew slightly, both of them attempting to grip onto the last threads of restraint they could muster. It had been steadily climbing all day between them; with the slight brush of their fingers when they got to close and the quick sideways glances, it was a wonder they hadn't jumped each other before now (it had happened in the past). She watched his mismatched eyes lower to her lips before slowly dragging back to meet her wide eyes, his were much darker than before and she felt the last thread she held so tightly snap.

"Yes...Arigato," she breathed right before crashing her lips into his.