Chapter 19 - "¡Ay carajo!"

Two days before the concert...

KC's POV

"Okay, Tony?" I called out as I saw a little head pop out behind the amps.

"Sube el volumen un poquito, hay muchas personas y no escuchó na." I told him as he went back behind the amps.

"¿Así o más?" He asked as he was still hidden behind the sea of amps that were there.

"Ehhh está bien. ¡Gracias Tony!" I turned back around now to face the giant empty arena ahead of me.

Alright.

"Testing 1, 2 ,3." As I was about to say something the speakers started to spit out feedback which isn't that nice to hear when your right next to one of the speakers.

¡Ay carajo!

"Sorry KC!"

Alright, let's start again.

. . .

Hm, Where are they?

I should later call just in case something happened.

Anyway, let's do this.

"When the lights,"

Alright,

"Go down... In the uh--"

"City!" I heard someone shout as I turned around to find them just smilling which I thankfully did in return as well.

That works.

"City."

"And the sun shines on the bay,"

Hm, this might be alright.

If I tweak it a little bit it might actually work.

If I remember it that is.

Oh well.

"Oye Tony, me voy al camerino si alguien me necesita." I spoke as Tony looked at me smiled and gave me a thumbs up and went back to work on the amps again.

As I was walking towards the dressing rooms all I could feel was that something was off but I just ignored and kept going.

As I made my way inside the Main Room I suddenly saw a phone in the corner just sitting there.

I should just make sure they're okay.

I mean I know they are but just in case.

As I held the receiver in my hands I immediately felt my hands get sweaty like something bad was about to happen. But suddenly I felt a shiver down my spine as if--

"KC."

I immediately whipped around to find a familiar brown haired man with a thick mustache looking directly at me.

"Oh god it was only you Paul! You really scared me there!" I nervously laughed as he was just staring at me.

"Cut the bullshit KC." He spoke as he was now slowly approaching me.

What?

"I know what you're doing-"

"But I'm not-"

"I'm not done KC." This shut me up pretty quickly as I didn't know what he was going to do next.

"You think nobody knows what you're doing, well I do!"