Chapter 9

"Mom! We're home!"

Hearing nothing but the sound of her own voice echoing in the house, Lisa furrowed her eyebrows as she held the door for Jennie to walk in,

"Looks like she's not here."

After closing and locking the door, they walked further down into the kitchen where a pink sticky note stood out on the fridge. Lisa went towards it and squinted her eyes, only to feel her cheeks warming up,

'Went out to get dinner with some friends, won't be back till late tonight. You know the drill, don't do anything teens shouldn't be doing ;)

Love,

Mom'

Lisa rolled her eyes and crumpled the sticky note in her hand, grumbling curse words under her breath from embarrassment. Ever since Lisa's sudden confession about Jennie when she was younger, her mother never let it go. She found it quite amusing and yes, she knew and accepted Lisa's preference. Which is why, whenever she was home and Jennie was over, she'd make Lisa leave the door open.

"What did the note say?" Jennie asked, placing her bag on the floor and hopping on top of the kitchen counter. She swung her legs back and forth while watching Lisa open the fridge and grabbing two canned sodas. The blonde shrugged her shoulders while closing the fridge door with her hip,

"She just said she's out with friends and that she won't be home till later tonight," replied Lisa, handing the drink to Jennie. She hopped onto to the counter beside Jennie and opened her drink. And as she placed her lips onto the rim and began to drink, Jennie decided to say something that made her choke instantly,

"That's cool, at least we can be as loud as we want."

Amusement swam in Jennie's expression as she tapped on Lisa's back. Lisa was hunched forward, coughing and beating onto her chest repeatedly till she was able to breathe properly. Her cheeks were visibly red and her heart was hammering against her chest so strongly that she felt like it'd hammer through her bones.

"Get your head out of the gutter Manoban," Jennie laughed, rubbing circles on the blondes back. She reached to her side with her free hand and grabbed a napkin, "You okay?" She giggled while placing her index finger on Lisa's chin and turning her face to look at her.

Lisa watched Jennie's playful eyes and alluring smirk with a shaky breath as the brunette gently wiped the corner of her lips. The action was so slow and yet gentle, it had Lisa feeling butterflies swarming her stomach.

Sometimes those eyes looked challenging, as if daring Lisa to do something, but then those eyes would transform into something unreadable, maybe even held a hint of fear. And with that simple hint, Lisa would back off completely. Especially when she didn't know what it meant. Uncharted territory.

Lisa pouted, ignoring the nerves twisting her stomach, "I hate you." Jennie giggled and brought her hands down to her lap. Lisa would've whimpered from the loss of her warmth but decided to huff and cross her arms in front of her chest.

"Don't hate me! I'm not the one having those kinds of.." She stopped and flickered her eyes to Lisa's pout, "..thoughts." She finished with a low husk. The warmth that once was in Lisa's cheeks, waved down lower and lower in her body just by the sound of Jennie's tone. But, it instantly vanished the moment Jennie suddenly cleared her throat.

"Anyways, let's go to your room so we can blow dry your lions mane," she teased. Lisa scoffed and slid off the counter. She made her way in front of Jennie with a teasing smile. Her hands pressed down onto the cold counter besides Jennie's thighs. If Lisa stood any closer, she's be standing in between her legs.

"You know what this lion's mane can do?" Jennie raised an eyebrow but leaned down, closer to Lisa's face, mirroring the same challenging smirk that was plastered on her doll like face.

"What?"

"This!" And not a second later, Lisa shook her damp hair causing a sprinkle of water to hit Jennie's face. The action earned Lisa a cute laugh and squeal from the brunette she loved so dearly. The laugh never failed to warm her heart. She felt Jennie's hands suddenly place on her head, stopping the movement.

"Alright, I take it back!"

Lisa laughed and tilted her head upwards to stare at the glint in Jennie's brown eyes. She always wondered what was going in Jennie's head whenever she stared at Lisa so softly, a gentle look that made her stomach flip. Lisa's eyes roamed down to Jennie's pretty smile before lifting it back up to calm, soothing eyes.

Lisa was standing close, her hips touching Jennie's knees and Jennie was still smiling down at her. That smile unleashed more butterflies to fly in her stomach. Safe eyes. Home.

She felt Jennie brushing her fingers in her hair. Nails scratching her scalp, never removing her light filled eyes away from her own. Lisa hummed in content and fluttered her eyes closed, loving the way her nails tickled her skin. Goosebumps lifted as well as the hair on the back of her neck.

"You know I love your hair. It's beautiful," her voice came out in a low whisper. Lisa could feel Jennie's hands gliding down her head and resting her hand on her warm cheek. And when Lisa opened her eyes, she smiled up at her while leaning against her palm. She could hear Jennie in take a sharp breath as she did so.

"You're beautiful," Lisa whispered. Jennie looked so beautiful and perfect, she wondered how she deserved this, how she deserved to have this woman in front of her to be in her life. Jennie traced her cheek, an action that had Lisa fight back a whimper. Especially with the way Jennie stared at her gentler than before, softer even.

Lisa wanted to ask. Wanted to know if Jennie was feeling what she was feeling but the image of her flirting with guys, dating guys is still stuck in her head. Those images are covering her mouth, stopping her from confessing everything she's always wanted to say.

So, instead of saying 'I love you,' Lisa ended up saying, "Let's go blow dry the mane," she chuckled out breathlessly. And, with shaky hands, Lisa placed them onto Jennie's hips earning a shaky exhale from the other. Jennie slid her hands onto Lisa's shoulders and gripped as Lisa pulled her forwards and gently helped her off the counter.

"You okay?" Lisa asked breathlessly. They stood fairly close, hands still placed onto each other. Jennie had furrowed eyebrows, seeming to be in deep thought. Lisa would've asked again if it wasn't for the way Jennie slid her hand up her face and glided her touch on her tensed jaw. Her feline eyes followed the action with the same lost look.

She felt her body tremble from it. Lisa wanted to handle it, but when she felt Jennie glide her thumb on her quivering bottom lip, she couldn't help but grip Jennie's hips tighter. Jennie's touch froze and a low sound escaped her lips. Did she just growl?

"Jennie?" she squeaked out. It must have brought Jennie back because on second her eyes looked dark and the next her eyes widened in surprised. And, her thumb was off of Lisa's lip in a flash, as if her lip burnt her thumb.

"Y-Yeah, let's go." Before Lisa could get a word out, Jennie had rushed away.

What the hell was that?