twenty

good girl

god, the movie was boring. the only thing keeping me slightly awake was the feeling of JJ's hand rubbing up and down my thigh. he knew I hated being teased in public, yet here he was anyways. his hand gets close enough to touch me, but then he goes back towards my knee. I let out a frustrated sigh, causing him to chuckle. "something wrong, darlin'?" he leans over and whispers to me.

"nothing at all, Maybank. just an annoying mosquito." I say through clenched teeth. he opens his mouth with fake shock at my words, so I roll my eyes at him. "how would you like it, huh?"

"oh, I've got a great poker face. you don't have the balls to do it anyways." he replies with a shit eating grin. once again his hand ventures upwards. this time, when he gets close enough I grab his wrist and make it go all the way. his hand stills completely, and even though it's dark I'm sure he didn't have a poker face.

even I could feel the heat radiating.

"fuck you, Lyv." he growls under his breath, snatching his hand away. two can play at this game.

"please?" the sex from earlier today flashes through my mind, and I know it crossed his too. he squirms slightly in his seat as his pulls his shirt down lower to cover himself. I laugh at the action, and feel accomplished. "that's what I thought."

"JJ." Pope whispers, making both of us snap back to reality. "I gotta take a piss."

"hold it." JJ tells him, but Pope shakes his head.

I zone out while the two go back and forth about having to wiz and how to do it. all I could think was about JJ's body on top of mine. we really needed to sneak away.

"Lyv, Pope and I are going to use the bathroom." JJ says to me as he stand up from his seat. I nod before moving to sit next to Kiara now.

"are you they gonna hold it for each other or something?" she asks me while laughing quietly, and I chuckle. we watch as they make their way to the tree beside the movie screen, causing me to turn to look at the actual bathrooms.

"Rafe, Topper and Kelce are posted up outside the bathroom." I roll my eyes as Kiara turns to look as well. we turn back around when they glance in our direction, and I sink in my seat slightly. "I hate this so fucking much."

Kiara goes to look again, and starts hitting my arm. "Lyv, they're gone." I whip my head around and sure enough I don't see them anymore. "the boys, they have to be going for the boys."

"let's go."

we hurriedly get up from our seats, knocking them over in the process. I don't miss Kiara grabbing JJ's backpack from the ground. I try to run as fast as I can without disrupting the crowd, but all I can think about is JJ going up against Rafe.

as soon as Kiara and I see the scene in front of us, my stomach drops. Kelce is  holding JJ while Rafe repeatedly punches him.

"let go of him Topper! fascist asshole!" Kiara yells as she immediately goes to hit Topper while he's fighting Pope. I'm frozen in place, not knowing what to do. after Rafe lands one more hit on JJ, he turns to pull Kiara off of Topper's back. "let go of me, Rafe!"

finally, my feet start to move when I watch Rafe go back for JJ. I run straight for them, and plant myself between the two. "Rafe, no." he stops in his tracks when he sees me in front of him.

"Lyv, no. get out of here." JJ groans as Kelce tightens his grip on him. I hold out my hand towards Rafe, and turn to face JJ. "I don't want you in the middle of this."

"you put her in the middle of this, dirty pogue!" Rafe exclaims, his face getting red. I give JJ a small smile, trying to reassure him. "you're going to ruin her!"

"Rafe!" I shout at the boy as his words hit me. how could he be so blind? he doesn't say anything to me while he stares JJ down.

I get distracted when I notice Kiara going for JJ's backpack, and Rafe takes that moment to grab my hand and try to pull me out of the way. before he can make it back to punching JJ, my palm hits his cheek. Rafe stands there in shock and holding his face. "what the fuck, Olyvia?"

"oh fuck. I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me I just-"

the movie screen suddenly bursts into flames, causing Kelce to release JJ and Topper to release Pope. when JJ lands on the ground, I run to his side to help him up. "let's get out of here!" Rafe yells, grabbing Topper.

they start to run off, but not before Rafe turns back around one more time. his eyes meet mine and the sadness that filled his look crushed me. I may have told myself I was protecting my friends, but he and I both knew who I was really protecting in that moment.

JJ.

--------

"let's get you cleaned up." I murmur as JJ sits on the toilet with a grunt. as I fumble around under the sink, he starts to take off his shirt, revealing some red marks on his abdomen. "holy shit, JJ."

"two on one always hurts worse somehow." he tells me while I crouch down between his knees. when some hair falls down in front of his face, I brush it out of the way and let my hand rest on his cheek.

"this is gonna sting a little." I warn him before preparing a cotton pad with hydrogen peroxide. the second I dab it on one of the cuts on his cheek, he hisses in pain and moves his head away. "I told you it was going to hurt."

"you only said it would sting a little, that hurt like a bitch!"

"maybe you're being a bit of a baby." I tease under my breath, causing him to give me an intense glare. a laugh escapes my mouth before I can stop it and that only makes his attitude worse. I try to say something but he just grabs the cotton pad from my hands. "fine, do it yourself hotshot. since you want to be so macho."

"I am macho." JJ grumbles while dabbing his own wounds. every time he winces, I want to chuckle. "don't look at me like that."

I continue to watch as he cleans himself up which really is just a huge turn on. when he finally notices that I'm staring and practically drooling, he smirks at me. my eyes go wide when I realize he's looking at me. "I wasn't staring, I don't know what you're talking about." I say quickly, almost jumbling the words.

as he stands up, I start to back away from him. "I see a little bit of drool on your lip, darlin'. can't hide it that well." he chuckles, sending a shiver down my spine. 

my back hits the wall behind me. "J." I can't help but whine slightly when he grabs my chin.

"who's being a baby now?" JJ mutters under his breath. all I want is his lips on mine and his hands all over me. "are you going to be a good girl?"

fucking hell that's a new one. "kiss me."

"beg for it princess." his hands grab my waist roughly as he closes the distance left between us. our bodies were completely pressed together now.

I can feel his heart racing, and I know mine is doing the same. I'd never felt more alive than when he touched me. god, what was happening to me?

"please, JJ." I murmur while his thumb ran across my lower lip. what had gotten into him? this was a different side of him, not that I was complaining.

"good girl."

————

A/N: I apologize for such a short chapter! Senior year of college is kicking my ass, I barely have time to sit and write! I just want to say thank you all for 5K reads and for the comments on the chapters! I'm hoping now that I know where I want to take this story I can do better about cranking out more chapters, but for now I'm just happy that it is being read by others. Now, I have one question; team Rafe or team JJ?