L.A. Rush

Love the support you all gave in the last chapter.

"I'm very good at accepting apologies, Mark." Addison states as she checks on the baby's bands.

"I apologized over the phone."

"Over the phone." I state looking at him.

"Fine I'll bring her to L.A. is not an apology."

"Mark." I hit his shoulder.

"What?"

"You said you apologized properly." I state to him upset.

"I did." I shake my head at him.

"What is that?" Sloan asks looking at the monitor.

"That's just a shadow. That's the baby." I state pointing to the screen.

"Where's the A.T.M?" Sloan asks.

"A.V.M sweetheart. A.T.M. is where you get money." Mark explains to her. Addison and I look at him like he's insane.

"You're not gonna see the A.V.M. here. that's just a cluster of blood vessels." Addison explains.

"That is supposed to be there, and if you pop them, I'm gonna die?"

"W...no um, Sloan, it's just a tangled cluster of blood vessels under the baby. I'm not gonna go anywhere near them, so I won't be popping them. I'm gonna go in uh, laparoscopically, and very carefully cut one of the amniotic bands from around the baby's legs." Addison explains to Sloan who is trying to process it all.

"And then he'll be okay? He'll be able to walk?"

"He's going to be great." I squeeze her hand.

"Well, that's what you said last time."

"That was my fault, Sloan." Mark speaks up. "I shoulda let her finish the surgery the first time."

"Now that is an apology." Addison states smirking at Mark.

"What is that? What is that thing right there? Is that something growing out of his head?" Sloan asks ad we try not to laugh.

"That Sloan is a penis." I explain to her and she retracts her hand from the monitor. "We're all very familiar with those." I joke with her.

"Sloan, you're gonna make yourself crazy trying to read the ultrasound." Addison interjects. "Has her blood pressure always been this high?"

"It's been getting higher since her last few check-ups." I state to Addison.

"She's scared." Mark rubs Sloan's shoulder. "So am I."

__________________________________
Addison has us move to another room in the Oceanside Wellness facility with a lot of holistic medicine scattered around. Herbal remedies decorate the shelves. "Mark Sloan, Pete Wilder. Pete Wilder, Mark Sloan." Addison introduces.

"Hi, good to meet you." Pete shakes Mark's hand.

"And this is Mark's girlfriend Gen and his daughter Sloan."

"Sloan Sloan?" Pete asks confused.

"Sloan Riley." Sloan corrects him.

"She got her mom's last name."

"Aw. You have a beautiful daughter Ms. Riley." My face goes red as Pete says this.

"She's not my..."

"I'm not the mother. Girlfriend being supportive." I explain.

"All right then." Pete begins to chuckle. "Oh, okay. well, Sloan, Dr. Montgomery asked me to help you try and calm down a little. She says you're nervous about your surgery."