𝟮𝟮. flower crowns

Start from the beginning

A little ways from them, the Just King was watching after he finished dancing with the lady he was with. He narrowed his eyes once he saw Anastasia's blush.

"You look like you're about to kill someone." Susan spoke once she saw him staring something down. "I just might." The girl looked and saw Anastasia talking and giggling with one the guests. "Don't worry, Edmund. She likes you. Even if she doesn't know how to show it or express it just yet." "How would you know that?" "Well, she has been suppressing her feelings for most of her life. Just let her experiment this."

"But I want her to do that with me." Edmund mumbled still staring at them. "She will. Just let her make more friends than just us. At the end of the day, she'll always be back in your arms." Edmund sighed but kept staring at the two.

Back with Anastasia, she was talking with Alexander about his kingdom. "The rulers are very nice and so are the people. But it has its moments." His fruity voice said. Anastasia nodded understandably.

"It's normal for things to be like that. It's like that here sometimes as well. But that's probably because we're learning and growing as we go along." "Yes. It's just part of evolving."

Surprisingly enough, the two had a couple of things in common. They drew, both had experience in battles, had big appetites, both had trouble expressing their emotions sometimes, and they both also had parent issues, except with Alexander it was his father.

"What about a love life?" Alexander asked her raising an eyebrow. "I'm sure someone must have tried to sweep you off your feet at this point." "Well..." "Who is it?" "King Edmund." "Wow." Alexander said impressed. "He doesn't seem like the type to be gentle. Considering he's been staring at me like he'd throw me off the cliff if you weren't here."

Anastasia took a glance and rolled her eyes slightly. "Just ignore him. But he's very sweet..around me at least. We're not anything yet." "Oh? Why not?" "I-I don't know. I guess he wants to wait for me to get comfortable with my emotions again." "Respectable." "Yes. He's my...significant annoyance."

Alexander chuckled before Anastasia asked him something now. "What about you? I'm sure you must have swept someone off their feet at this point." The boy blushed at the thought of whoever it was. "Yes, actually. There is someone. Her name is Marigold. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever met. She's very kind and understanding." Anastasia smiled softly. "She sounds amazing."

"She is. She'll be glad to hear I met you. She absolutely adores you and the rest of your family." Anastasia thought for a minute before coming up with an idea. "Here." She stuck her hands out and made a flower crown with her powers. "Give this to her when you go back." "Thank you. She'll really appreciate this." "Of course."

Alexander excused himself to go talk with one of the other people he knew. Anastasia looked around and saw Edmund silently fuming in the corner. She sighed, not ready for the argument she knew they would probably have.

"Shouldn't you be with that other boy?" He snapped when she walked over. "Shut up. You don't know anything about what happened and you're going to make a scene." "You would just hate that wouldn't you?" "Yes, I would. Stop it and have a normal conversation with me."

"No. Go back to him. Clearly, you don't need me." "What are you going on about?" "I want to be the only one you laugh, and blush, and giggle around. I want to be the only one you tell personal things to. I want to be the only one you flirt with."

"Edmund." Anastasia sighed. "First, I didn't even know I was flirting. Second, his name is Alexander. And third, you're the only one I want to flirt with." Edmund glanced at her then looked away. "You never made me a flower crown." "Edmund you never asked me to make you something."

Anastasia reached over and grabbed his hand. "I really like you. And I mean as in more than a friend." "You do?" "Yes. I thought that was pretty obvious. I don't go around kissing just anyone."

Edmund smiled and pulled her flush against him. Anastasia's hands wrapped around his neck as his went to her waist. "I really like you too." She smiled before pressing her plump lips on his.

They pulled away before Edmund dragged her to dance with him again. She wrapped her arms around his neck and put her head on his chest. His arms went around her waist and he laid his head on hers.

This would definitely be a moment the two would cherish forever.