Chapter Six

----------------be karkat since I'm out of ideas

I didn't sleep much last night, I couldn't stop thinking about Dave. Yesterday was one of the best and worst days of my life. Why did I have to get drunk in front of that IDIOT and why did he have to be so fucking good at kissing!? I hate him so much! I've fallen so much harder for him then I thought I had but if anyone finds out I'm gay its over for me, I'll be bullied worse then I already am. Vriska is the queen of rumors and also has a huge grudge against me after I punched her last year, she'll make my life hell and so will Eridan. He thinks he's SO superior just because he's in the grade above everyone else. The only reason he hasn't already done anything is because his girlfriend, Feferi, feels bad for me. Yeah of course she dislikes me, everybody does but she still helps me.

I finally forced myself to get out of bed before Kankri made me. I got dressed and walked into the kitchen. "Good morning Karkat, sleep well?"
  "Oh my god you ask that everyday and the answer is always good enough!"
  "It doesn't sound like it."
  "What do you mean?"
  "You sound tired and I assume its because I was woken up at three in the morning to you listening to, mind you it was very poorly made, rapping. That's not your sort of music Karkat."
  "It.. was Dave's music.."
  "If you don’t mind me asking, you dont have any feelings for David."
  "Its Dave Kankri-"
  "Yet his full name is David."
  "Whatever, no I don't have 'feelings for him,' yesterday was completely platonic." He placed some shitty ass eggs on the table and sighed.
  "I really think you should avoid intimacy with him, the Striders aren't what they say."
  "You've never even met them!"
  "Cronus passed along what Eridan had told him about Dirk."
  "You mean the incident between him and Jake English?"
  "Yes, exactly that."
  "That was one time!" I grabbed a mug and poored some coffee for myself.
  "I'm just trying to keep you safe. I dont want a repeat of what Gamzee did."
  "Oh my god all he did was makeout with me."
  "Karkat you know it was more then that but I'm simply stating my views, but you do as you please with David."
  "Don't call him that its weird." He sat down next to me. "When will dad be back?"
  "I'm not sure, I'll ask him later."
  "Hey Kankri, what would you say if I was gay..?"
"I'd simply say I wouldn't care, I can't say the same for dad."

Our conversation carried on for a while before we both stood up and got ready.
  "KANKRI I'M LEAVING NOW! SEE YOU AFTER SCHOOL OR WHATEVER." As I went to open the door there was a knock.
  "What the fuck?" I opened it to see Dave standing there.
  "DAVE WHAT THE FUCK-" I looked at him for a moment. "Why is your nose bleeding!? Holy shit get inside and let me help!"
  "Karks I'm fine-" I shook my head and dragged him into the bathroom.
  "What happened..?" Dave sat down on the counter and sighed.
  "Got into a fight." He laughed.
  "With who!? No one would fucking dare pick a fight with you apart from Vriska!"
  "Well it wasn't a fight a such.. more of my brother shoving me face first into a wall for sassing him or some shit."
  "WHAT THE FUCK!?" I gave him a towel and rested my hands either side of him.
  "Thats a lot of blood Dave, I thought you said that him beating you was a joke!"
  "It was! Its just some stupid family fallout, nothing bad."
  "HE SHOVED YOU INTO A WALL THAT ISN'T NORMAL!"
  "Oh well- come one let's just go."
  "DAVID ELIZABETH STRIDER YOU AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE."
  "Sorry daaaaaaad."
  "Dave please let me help you.."
  "Fine ok." I smiled and grabbed his shirt, pulling him closer.
  "Can I touch your face?" He nodded. I placed one hand on his cheek and cleaned up the blood on his face. "..there.." I looked up and frowned. Slowly I reached for his shades.
  "Woah dude no-" he slapped my hand away. "The shades stay on."
  "But-"
  "No buts Karkat, shades. On." I pulled away and grunted.
  "Whats so bad about your eyes?"
  "Nothing, but if you know what's under there it won't be fun anymore." He climbed down from the counter and picked up his bag. "Can I borrow a shirt? Mines kinda bloody-" I nodded and bought him to my room. I looked through my closet and handed him some random red shirt I owned.
  "Take it asshole.."
  "Thanks." He quickly changed.
  "Ok we should leave-"
  "Fuck yeah- shit ok lemme grab my keys."

Finally we both made our way to school. As we reached the gates, Dave walked over to June. "Meet me on the soccer field at lunch." I nodded and walked to class, leaving Dave and June behind. I didn't like the idea of them being alone together, she has the hugest crush on him.

I opened the door to the classroom and walked in.
  "HEY KARKAT THINK FAST-" I went to turn around but as I did, Vriska threw a book at me. I stumbled back and tripped over.
  "VRISKA WHAT THE FUCK!?"
  "Karkitty are you alright!?" I heard someone call from the other side of the room. Shit its Nepeta. "Vwiskers that wasnt very nice!"
  "Oh can it cat girl!"
  "LEAVE NEPETA ALONE!"
  "Why do you like heeerrrrrr?" I stood up and walked towards Vriska.
  "OF COURSE NOT! SHE'S NOT MY TYPE."
  "Oh thats right how could I forget!" She laughed. "You tooootally have the hots for Dave!" I froze. How did she know?
  "W- WHAT NO I DON'T "
  "YOU'RE A FUCKING FAG! EVERYBODY POINT AND LAUGH AT THE FAGGOT WHO LIKES DAVE STRIDER!" a few people began to laugh- others like Nepeta and Equius tried to get Vriska out.
  "I'M NOT A FUCKING FAG! WHY WOULD I EVER LOVE THAT FUCKING PRICK?"

-----------------------------------------------------Be Dave

  "Sooo... what did you want to talk about?" I looked up at her.
  "Well.. I've been think about this for a while.. and you know how I dont like wearing dresses and stuff..?" I nodded.
  "Yeah what about it?"
  "Dave what I'm saying is.. my body image was really bad but uhh.. fuck it I'm trans ok? I don't wanna be June.. I wanna Be John!"
  "You.. wanna be a guy..?"
  "Yeah pretty much.." he fiddled with his sleeves.
  "Thats chill."
  "Wait that's it?"
  "Yeah? Is there something else I should say?"
  "I just.. expected you to be disgusted or some shit."
  "John, dude, buddy. I don't give a fuck if you're a guy, girl or whatever- you're still fucking annoying."
  "Fuck you!" He laughed.
  "Fuck me yourself coward."
  "Thats a little gay."
  "You got me there." We both laughed before walking to class.

As we reached the class I heard Karkat yelling. Oh shit this isn't good.
  "I DON'T HAVE A THING FOR DAVE VRISKA PLEASE JUST SHUT UP!" I shoved the door open and stood in between them both.
  "DAVE THAT FAG RIGHT THERE HAS HAD A CRUSH ON YOU SINCE THE START OF THIS SEMESTER!"
  "Vriska leave Karks alone."
  "YOU'RE NOT GROSSED OUT BY THAT!?"
  "Not at all."
  "What are you gay too..?" Another boy in the class spoke.
  "Of course not Tavros but Karkat is my friend." I walked closer to Vriska. "Leave Karkat-"
  "Thats his shirt!" She smiled. "THATS HIS FUCKING SHIRT! OH MY GOD ARE YOU TWO TOGETHER!?"
  "H- how did you know it was his!?"
  "I GAVE HIM THAT FUCKING SHIRT A FEW YEARS AGO!" well shit I'm screwed. Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, karkat stepped in.
  "I admit it.. I like Dave ok..? Vriska is right, I've liked you for a while now.. I'm gay.."
  "Karkat-" I whispered.
  "I'm sorry Dave, everything I told you yesterday was true.."
  "Karkat wait-" before I could say anything Karkat had walked off into the hallway.
  "Vriska- what the FUCK!?" I yelled.
  "The bitch deserved it! Get it in your head Dave!"
  "Karkat didn't deserve that! You can't just out him to everyone- he hid the fact he was gay for this reason!" Homeroom was pretty much over by now, teacher was late as usual. I walked out of class, hoping Karkat was already in the science lab.