Chapter Eight: A day well spent

Start from the beginning

"My own daughter has never met me because her mother kept her away from me the last time I visited a decade ago. She was only seven at the time."

"She doesn't care," he looked confused, "she promised she'd tell me everything about her if I got her your music box. She has it on her all the time and she doesn't blame you for giving her your curse. She blames her mother for everything."

He looked away in thought. I told him that she wouldn't come to the Dutchman because she won't listen or follow anyone. Luckily for me, her birthday is in a week and that's also the day Jones can step on land for one day until sunset. I think I have a plan. I started planning the best birthday my Princess will ever have. With Uma, Gil, Mal and Evie's help of course.

We convinced Ben to lend one of his private boats for the party. When the day came, Jones went on the boat first, we got all the stuff we arranged on. Now, it's time for the birthday girl. How to get her there, I don't know. I didn't think that far ahead. I managed to get into her dorm room to see if I could take anything.

If I did, she'd want it back and she'd most likely want to kill me for it. I found the locket on her bedside table practically begging to be stolen. So, that's what I did. I just left her dorm when she came back and saw what was in my hand. Time to run. She was not happy. I led her to the boat and we all shouted, "SURPRISE!"

"What is this about?" She asked.

"We wanted to do something special for your seventeenth birthday, Princess," I said giving the locket back.

"The only thing that would make this day special is if I go back to normal or see my dad."

"Well then, first things first..."

Jones' steps could be heard and the crowd of people we invited stepped aside. I saw (Y/N) smile and tear up. There's the smile I've missed dearly. She ran up to her dad and hugged him out of pure joy. One out of two requests completed. I just hope my plan for later works. The party went on perfectly after that. Games, food, presents and (Y/N) couldn't stop smiling.

Her cake was a rainbow swirly cake that she loved and Evie gave her a new dress she put on straight away. It was a white long-sleeved sailor's shirt exposing her shoulders, a black pirate hat with white, frilly designs around the edge and a black and white feather. She had a rose-red lace-up waistcoat, a black and gold short skirt with carpet like ends on the bottom and a long black net on the back.

 She had a rose-red lace-up waistcoat, a black and gold short skirt with carpet like ends on the bottom and a long black net on the back