I found myself grappling at my throat as I gasped for air. The world around me started tipping and I thought I was surely going to topple off.

"Merlin, Ivy," Pansy said at once, dropping her bag to the floor as she brusquely pulled me over to the sofa. "Put your head between your knees," she ordered, shoving my head downwards into my lap without warning.

She sat down beside me and started stroking her hand in circular movements on my back, just like our mother used to do whenever we were poorly; it felt soothing, calming. Slowly, my breathing returned to a normal state, and I tentatively lifted my head.

"Are you going to tell me what this all about," Pansy said, lifting an eyebrow as she looked at me, "or am I to assume that our darling little ferret has done the expected and made your life a misery?"

"Draco?" I asked frowning. I was confused, having been certain she was here because somehow she knew.

"Well, I'm not referring to a fluffy little pet that you keep in a cage, am I?" Pansy muttered. "Although... probably would be the best place for him. I heard he gets his filthy paws about these days. Millicent tells me she saw him going home with triplets one time. Can you imagine?! He was barely able to satisfy just one back in the day, and I'm including himself in that number-"

"It's not Draco!" I interrupted, not being able to bear hearing about his exploits. "He's been... supportive, actually." I said honestly, only now realising just how much I have relied on his presence over the past six weeks.

"Really?" Pansy asked, not bothering to disguise the look of surprise on her face. "Draco Malfoy is supportive of something that doesn't benefit himself?"

"He's not as bad as people paint him," I sighed sadly and, despite my own woes, I felt my heart tug at how Draco had spent his entire life being misunderstood.

No wonder he was so pissed off all the time.

I felt a flutter of panic as I looked up at the clock. It was twenty minutes until the first class started and Draco still wasn't here. Normally he'd arrive well over an hour before to help me set up, despite the fact that he never had to.

"Shit, I've got a class to prepare for," I said, suddenly standing up, realising I had not planned a single thing.

"Oh well, that's me done then," Pansy said, quickly standing up herself, "I'd help but you know I'm simply dreadful at this type of thing."

"That's fine, Draco should be here any minute to help, anyway," I said in a light voice, trying to keep my anxiety about his absence at bay.

"Oh, will he?" Pansy said, cocking a thoughtful eyebrow. "Maybe I will hang around then, I wouldn't mind catching up with such a dishy old flame. I heard he's got the most darling penthouse. And, if his stamina is as good as everyone is saying, then maybe he wouldn't mind giving me a little demonstration of how much he has improved over the years."

I dropped the easel I was carrying on my foot. "Pansy you are married!" I cried, utterly horrified. "And I thought you didn't even like sex!"

"Oh darling, sister, don't be silly!" Pansy tittered, "I said that years ago as a result of disappointing high school sex! Of course I like sex, who doesn't? - although not with Edgar mind you. We have a silent arrangement, you see; I spend his gold and then I sleep with the pool boy."

"How is that an arrangement?" I spluttered, horrified by my sister's admission.

Pansy simply shrugged. "It works for me."

I closed my eyes, wanting to just quit life.

My euphoria at seeing my sister again had quickly dissipated and I wished she would just leave. The idea of her pursuing any kind of physical relationship with Draco made me feel a sickness like no other.

"Oooo," Pansy shrieked, making me jump, "maybe you could get us to pose together for your little class? Edgar has this darling Muggle statue at home called The Kiss; a naked man and woman passionately embracing. We could make a re-enactment of it-"

"This is not that kind of class, Pansy," I gritted through my teeth as I raced around, setting up easels and wondering exactly what I was going to get them to draw seeing as I was missing my muse.

I tried not to think what Draco's absence meant; tried not to let myself get washed up in a tidal wave of panic.

Had he been so disgusted by what he had seen that he'd rather risk death than be in my company again?

Had he gone after Percy and done something stupid?

But surely I would know if something had happened to Percy.

However, what I did know, was that the clock was ticking, and Draco was nowhere to be seen.

******