Chapter 5. Double birthday party

Start from the beginning

'It is her birthday'. She replied.

'Come with me'. He said. We followed him over to the woman's jewellery section.

'Here, this is very popular'. He said pointing to a heart necklace with a white diamond in the middle. Renesmee sighed. 'No, I was thinking of getting her a locket'. She said.

'Oh ok then come over here'. He said. We walked to the other side of the jewellery section. We looked through the glass. Renesmee pointed to one. 'Can we see this one please?' she asked. The salesman walked off and returned with a gift box.

He opened the box, and held it in hands, when the diamond in the heart hit the light it shone brightly, it was a gold plated necklace 24 carat, on the front of it was a message, I love you. Renesmee gasped clapping her hands. 'That is perfect'. She said. 'Would you like a special message on the back of it?' He asked.

'Yes'. She answered. They walked off together as Renesmee had given the man the picture she wanted inside the locket, and the message.

'When will it be ready?' I asked.

'In about half an hour'. She answered.

'Shall we get food?' I asked. She nodded taking my hand.

'Jacob what do you think of the necklace?' she asked.

'I think your mom would love it, and I like the message you chose'. She smiled at me as we walked to the cafe just outside the mall.

Renesmee

We ordered from our favourite cafe, the one we always went to when we went shopping. I ordered a chocolate milkshake a burger and fries. Jacob ordered the same. We just talked about the party as we ate. Jacob was getting ready at our cottage with Carlisle, Emmett, Jasper and Dean. My dad might join in the party. Anna was staying with us for a while, to keep an eye on dad. He was recovering so well and mom was really grateful. Anna was attending the party. Another dress up doll for Alice.

We walked back to the jewellery shop. The salesman was talking to someone so we waited. Once he spotted us he came straight over. 'We have engraved your necklace just how you asked, would you like to see it?' he asked. I nodded, I was excited. He took the necklace out of the gift box. He opened it, me mom and dad were inside the locket. I smiled. He then turned the heart over and the message was on the back. I will love you till your heart stops beating.

'This is perfect'. I said. The salesman smiled at us.

'Would you like one of our special gift boxes?' he asked. I shook my head. We walked to the counter. 'That will be $1800 please'. I handed him the notes, he counted them and put them in the till. 'Thank you'. He smiled. We left. I checked my phone. Alice had text me. Renesmee, how long will you be?

'Come on'. I grabbed Jacob's hand and we ran to the mall parking lot.

'Did you get what you wanted?' Alice beamed. She knew what it was.

'Yes, you know I did'. I smiled. 'What about you?' I looked round for the new car.

She giggled and Jasper kissed her. 'The car is being picked up later by Jasper, we are going to surprise your mom'. She said. I got into the car with Jacob.

It was starting to get dark, while Alice drove home, Jasper held her hand and whispered in her ear. She smiled kissing him every now and again. She turned to me.

'When we get back, Jacob meet Emmett, Jasper and Carlisle outside the house, we need to get ready ourselves. The party starts at 5:30'. She looked at her watch. 'We have an hour and 15 minutes'. She frowned.