After a few moments of silence, Ryan asked me, bringing me back from my state of trance, “How do you know the name of his revolver?” At his question my eyes lit up remembering the time when I found an interest in these weapons.

“I was in 6th grade when I had a crush on this boy named Charlie in my class. He always used to say how he wanted to join the army when he turns into an adult. I wanted to talk to him but I didn’t know what to talk to him about as I was pretty shy back then. So Ethan told me to search about guns as he had heard Charlie talking on the same subject with his friends and I did exactly the same thing. I told Charlie how I was interested in knowing about the different guns that existed and also, when he once came at my place, I even prepared a journal with the names of all the guns and their pictures just to set an impression in front of him.” Ryan smiled at me while stroking my cheek with his thumb.

It was unusually quiet but the silence was comfortable. Just then, Ryan said loudly causing me to stumble a bit in my seat, “Kyle, give this girl the revolver once.” I looked at him with a big smile on my face that reached my eyes and he looked lost for a second.

I turned to look at the man whose name is Kyle and stretched out  my palm forward at him. He looked at Ryan once, probably making sure of his decision and when Ryan shook his head in willingness, he scowled at me before placing the gun in my hand.

“Hold it with caution or else I will shoot you myself”, Kyle said while boring his eyes on me. I took the gun in my hands while ignoring what Kyle was saying in the background.

I inspected the gun from all sides and asked the one question that was in my mind, “Is it loaded?” Kyle chuckled before saying, “Do you think of me as a fool who will hand you a loaded gun?”

I looked at Ryan in an attempt to say him how mean Kyle was behaving but he just shrugged at me. After a few minutes, I gave the gun back to Kyle and he rested it back in the holder.

“How many times have you shot it?”, I asked while looking at Kyle. He huffed in his seat before turning back to look at me and said, “Just once. Never really got the chance to use it from a very long time. But I think that now when I have met you, I might use it on myself one day if you don’t keep your mouth shut.”

I looked at him completely surprised by his poisonous tone. “Kyle, that’s enough. She is just excited to know about your revolver. Why don’t you be a gentleman and tell her what she wants to know”, Ryan said while looking out of the window.

The next twenty minutes passed in the conversation which I had with Kyle wherein I got to know that he owns another seven revolvers and a few different types of pistols. He also promised to show me his AK-47 that Ryan gifted him on his birthday.

Just then, the car came to a halt. I looked around to see that we were at a place that looked like a bayou.

It was surrounded by huge cypress trees and I could hear the sound of water moving nearby. “Is there a lake close by?”, I asked Ryan while getting out of the car.

As soon as I stepped outside, I could see that the ground was muddy and I internally cursed myself for wearing my favourite shoes that day. Ryan stepped out of the car as well and said while closing the buttons to his blazer, “Not a lake. A creek actually.”

My eyes focused on Ryan’s which were looking at a big house that stood in the wetland as a piece of art. The roofs were dark blue in colour and the entire house was painted grey.

The house had an outside sitting area with a small table and wooden chairs. It had big glass windows and glass doors all around.

How calm it would be to sit here when the sun sets and enjoy a hot cup of black coffee! I thought while looking at the mansion in front of me. “Is this yours?”, I asked him, completely surprised and excited to explore it from the inside.

He just nodded at my words. “It’s beautiful”, I said, still taking in the scene in front of me. “I know. I liked it immediately when my manager showed me its pictures and just then I decided that I wanted to buy it. Just imagine sitting here in the evening while sipping a cup of hot coffee while enjoying the setting sun”, Ryan said while shoving his hands in his pockets, his eyes still focused on his house.

I looked at him, smiling slightly realizing how similar our thought process was. “Why are you looking at me like that?”, he asked me while holding my hand in his and leading us closer to the house.

“I thought the exact same thing a minute ago. It would actually be quite refreshing. Away from the city hustle, over her, where the world seems to come at a hault”, I said while focusing on the steps I was taking. Ryan squeezed my hand a little while his other hand found their way in his hair.

Kyle and Samwell followed us and I could feel my heart flattering when I took a closer look at the house. It was too pretty to not catch anyone’s attention.

------------------------------------------------------
Hello guysss! Enjoy this amazing update and do let me know in the comments section if you like it. My next update will be on Sunday. Do not forget to vote for this chapter and do share my story with your friends and family. Also, I have attached a picture of Ryan's house in the bayou. So do not miss viewing it. I love you all. Bye!