When Pixie Met Bigfoot

Start from the beginning

He laughed uproariously and his face transformed from unreasonably beautiful to so intensely stunning I had to glance away.

“Why are you so angry?” He said when he caught his breath. “Oh, let me guess? A man did you wrong so now all men are the enemy.”

To my horror, tears sprung to my eyes. I glanced at my little goldfish sitting beside me on the bench, swimming happily in her bowl, and blinked rapidly.

“Are you crying?” He asked in horror.

“No!” I said forcefully. “I’ve got a speck in my eye.” I sniffled miserably.

“What’s that?” He pointed at the bowl in an obvious effort to distract me or maybe save himself from more female hysterics. 

At that moment, the door to the restaurant across the street opened and spilled out my dirtbag ex and his new arm candy. I sucked in a sharp breath and without a second thought stormed across the road. I heard blaring horns and screeching brakes somewhere in the distance but my rage was burning so hot and so bright that my eyes burned red at the edges and visions of jumping on top of that dirtbag and scratching his eyes out assaulted me. Before I could make my bloodthirsty daydreams come true a strong hand clamped around my forearm.

“Sweetheart,” he said loudly, causing the clueless lovebirds to stop sucking face long enough to glance back at us in stunned surprise. “You forgot Goldie and we’re going to be late for our dinner reservation.”

He casually slung his arm around my shoulders, flashed everyone a dazzling smile, and took advantage of my slack-jawed bafflement to steer me away from Soner’s astonished stare and down the sidewalk.

“What are you doing?”

“Saving you from yourself.”

“I don’t need saving thank you very much and her name is not Goldie!”

“What is it?”

“Fishy,” I muttered

“For fuck's sake. That’s a terrible name. You have zero imagination and an extraordinary lack of pride. I’m guessing he’s the reason for your 'woe is me' look.”

I tore away from him and gave him a fulminating glare.

“I don’t need you to save me!” I stomped my foot in frustration. “What I need is to exorcise my demons by kneeing that dirtbag's balls into his throat.”

He cringed. “Ouch. As satisfying as that may sound, all you’ll be doing by losing your shit in public like this is to make him feel like a stud.”

“A stud! Bah! Three years! Three years and I had to finish myself off every single time!”

I became enraged all over again and clomped back the way I came. A hand clamped around my forearm again and I was pulled back against a strong and very nice smelling chest. I took a furtive sniff and closed my eyes trying to fight his nefarious attractions. He was a walking male version of a Venus flytrap. Witless women walked right into it all the time, I was sure.

“Wait a minute. You mean to tell me that he's not only a lying, cheating dirtbag but also bad in bed? Why are you so upset again? Three years! Really! What the fuck were you thinking?” He said in outrage. 

“You’re reasonably decent looking,” he continued as his eyes swept over me from head to toe. I felt my skin prickle with sensation. “Your insanity and violent tendencies could easily be overlooked.”

“Decent looking? Thanks,” I rolled my eyes, inexplicably hurt that he clearly found me lacking in the looks department. As the Dirtbag had found me lacking in... something.