three

"𝙒𝙝𝙮 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙠𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙢𝙚? 𝙄'𝙢 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙛 𝙖𝙨 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙮."

2010

Five days later, Harry was staring into his mirror with Louis' sweater clinging to his torso. Louis hadn't asked for it back, and Harry wasn't in a hurry to return it. If he couldn't have Louis, he could at least have his sweater, right? The citrus scent was fading away, but Harry continued to wear it every night, not caring that it wasn't his.

Even though he was the one with the sweater on, he couldn't help but compare himself to Louis's love interest. Harry wasn't unattractive, he consistently held the attention of his classmates. And even though he was oblivious to the countless admirers he had following him around, he noticed the rich brown of Stephen's eyes. The way they made Harry's green eyes look dull under the sun. He took note of his wavy black hair and how it looked elegant compared to Harry's unkempt curls.

Harry imagined what it would be like if he looked like Stephen. If he was just as pretty. Would Louis want to kiss him then? Hold his hand? There was no doubt in Harry's mind that he could do extraordinary things for Louis. He'd be willing to do anything to make Louis happy.

Ding

Lou: you didn't hear me knocking

Lou: open the damn door

Lou: i bet you're making me wait out here

Lou: in the cold

Lou: just to hurt me

Lou: i hate you

Lou: >:)

Lou: *>:(

He looked down at his phone and smiled. The delusional side of Harry was convinced that would be the moment where Louis confessed his undying love. Realistically, that wasn't going to happen, but he put chapstick on anyway.

Harry ran down his stairs, nearly falling twice, and flung the door open. There Louis was with a lopsided grin on his face and snow in his hair.

"Hey, Lou!"

Louis' smile lingered on his face until he took in what Harry was wearing. Forest green sweater. No longer citrus-scented.

"Is that my sweater?"

Harry let his own smile drop as his eyes widened. He frantically took a step back and shut the door. Louis stood on the other side with his eyebrows knitted together. He didn't mind Harry wearing it. If anything, he just wanted to make sure it got washed.

"Haz! Open the door!"

He never could say no to Louis. Harry pulled the door open again, this time with the sweater balled up in his hands.

"Well, hello there, Curly. I just came by to see if I could have that exact sweater back. It's going to smell like vanilla now, isn't it"

Harry nodded and pushed the green pile towards Louis. To anyone else, it would have been a simple job, but Harry felt like he was giving away another piece of himself to Louis Tomlinson. He sighed as Louis took it from him and stuffed it in his bag.

"You're lucky you smell good."

"I- what?"

Louis didn't answer. He had left Harry again. But Harry couldn't be mad. The grin on his face made it impossible. Louis did that to him.