Her Wish

After a delicious dinner and a romantic dance on the rooftop, Reyyan and Miran stare at the dark sky full of shining stars. Miran has put his arm around Reyyan's shoulders and both are silently enjoying their togetherness.

Reyyan has always been someone who believed in fairytales. That's why it is not surprising that she makes a wish whenever she sees a shooting star. But she hadn't seen one for a long time. This night she is eagerly waiting for that magical moment. Miran preferes watching and admiring the beauty of his angelic wife.

"Do you remember Miran?", Reyyan asks as she visits the place in her memory again.
"It was our wedding night..we were walking on the highway searching for a place to stay. Before we found the hut we saw a shooting star.."
"You did", Miran interrupts,  "I missed it because I was looking at the ground. But I remember that you squeezed my arm because of excitement. I didn't know my wifey is that strong. It still hurts karıcım", he teases her.
"Yaaa Miran", she complains as she gives a soft punch on his arm. "Tamam tamam, I'm sorry meleğim",
he apologizes, "please go on."

"Well, that night my wish came true after a short while and I desperately wanted to see another shooting star, so that another wish can come true", she tells.
"What came true", Miran asks curiously.
"Umm", Reyyan hesitates, "I wished to find a warm and cuddly place as soon as possible."
Miran smiles mischievously and Reyyan tries to justify herself, "But I was way too exhausted Miran. I needed to rest so badly. And it was cold!"
"Then I am grateful to you, my love. Because even I was about to freeze", he admits.
"Really??", Reyyan asks with astonishment because she never had the impression that anything could weaken him. Even Miran didn't know that he was able to feel the cold weather because during that time only his cold heart controlled him. Maybe that's when the ice in him began to melt.

While thinking about their long walk at that night, Miran remembers that Reyyan mentioned another wish.
"What was it, Reyyan?", he asks and tries to formulate the question more precisely,
"what did you actually desire, canım?"
Reyyan looks at Miran and her eyes express her endless love and unconditional trust for him. Yet she says,
"I can't tell, kocacım. I can't risk that it doesn't come true." Miran seems to be disappointed because his eyes leave the sight of his one and only love. A little attention-seeking sigh comes out from him.
Just when Reyyan was about to hold his hand and explain herself, it happened. The moment she was waiting for. A star falling for her to make her wish come true. A shooting star!

Reyyan's eyes get wide open as she witnesses the last bit of the magic and in the next second she closes them tightly. Her eyebrows are lifted up with hope, her lips form the words that she utters internally like a prayer. She can't decide what to do with her hands:
fold them or put them on her chest so that she can calm her heart down. In the meanwhile Miran is observing and memorizing her flawless beauty. He could tell that whatever she is asking for is very important to her. Every inch of her body was begging for the fulfillment of her wish.

Reyyan opens her eyes slowly and Miran wakes up from his state of trance. He quickly takes his phone from his jacket pocket and pretends to be messaging somebody.
"Did you see it, Miran?", Reyyan grabs his arm.
Miran looks at her shaking hands and asks,
"What? What are you talking about karıcım?"
"Yaaaa Miran!!"
"Efendiiiim?"
"Don't tell me you didn't see it. Again!"
"Again?"
"There was a shooting star!"
"I was busy", Miran says and lifts his hand up as he indicates his phone.
"I can't believe you, Miran", Reyyan reacts disappointedly.
Miran tries to distract her and asks,
"So what did you wish, karıcım?"
"If I tell you, it won't come true."
"Ne belli?"
"Ne demek ne belli?!"
Both giggle a bit and hug each other. Miran's head dives in Reyyan's curly hair and her nose is placed close to his neck. Both are inhaling each other's fragrances, their own personal drugs. Reyyan's hair unites with Miran's beard as they slowly lift their heads.
Nose to nose and breath to breath. Reyyan comes a little closer to Miran. Her soft lips are ready to kiss his stubbly cheek, when she hears him whispering:
"Let me confess something to you."
Reyyan doesn't move a bit as she says:
"Let me do what I started" and kisses him gently.
Then she moves back a little, looking deeply in his hazel eyes: "Now I'm all ears, kocacım."

To be continued..